MIami Parking & Beverage Pkg Questions

Has anyone used port of Miami parking recently? They surely have the best pricing but are they secure and are taxis readily available to and from the port.

If you are on a beverage package do you still receive an accounting of the items consumed?

Thanks,

Ed & Kathy

I can't help you with the parking, but as for the beverage package you do still receive an itemized listing of items consumed (or can have this printed out at guest relations if it is not delivered to you towards the end of the cruise).

Has anyone used port of Miami parking recently? They surely have the best pricing but are they secure and are taxis readily available to and from the port.

If you are on a beverage package do you still receive an accounting of the items consumed?

Thanks,

Ed & Kathy

Ed and Kathy,

I have used the parking each of the last two years (both the parking at the port and off site parking). The off site is cheaper but we always walk off the ship with luggage and don't like to wait long. The off site provides transportation to and from the off port site but you are totally at the mercy of the transportation schedule. Needless to say, we waited a long time for the vehicle to arrive. Parking was secure and the transfer to the port was fine.

The last year we parked at the Port of Miami parking and dropped the luggage and DW at the baggage handlers and I parked in the self park location across the street from the dock. It was covered and we could walk to it from the ship. It cost more but we liked it better.

No taxi was needed at either site.

Phil

Here is the POM parking info:

http://www.miamidade.gov/portofmiami/directions_parking.asp

Parking in the Port Facility near the terminals is $20per day....not cheap. There are many off-site parking sites for less that do have free shuttles, but people have reported good/bad about it.

One good point about on-site POM parking is, if you have a Disabled Parking sticker plus the documents showing it is your's and an ID (check the website for full requiremtns for this), parking is free.

Den

Ed and Kathy,

I have used the parking each of the last two years (both the parking at the port and off site parking). The off site is cheaper but we always walk off the ship with luggage and don't like to wait long. The off site provides transportation to and from the off port site but you are totally at the mercy of the transportation schedule. Needless to say, we waited a long time for the vehicle to arrive. Parking was secure and the transfer to the port was fine.

The last year we parked at the Port of Miami parking and dropped the luggage and DW at the baggage handlers and I parked in the self park location across the street from the dock. It was covered and we could walk to it from the ship. It cost more but we liked it better.

No taxi was needed at either site.

Phil

Thanks to all for your replys.

Archived