Circumnavigation of oz!!

jenno10388

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got off the qm2 we sailed fremantle to fremantle and would just like to have other peoples opinions who did that trip of what they thought of the trip between fremantle and sydney and then the trip between sydney and fremantle. Also sorry for not coming to the roll call i fell asleep.

Hi

Interesting that QM2 is not docking at Garden Island next Wednesday but the passenger terminal.

I believed she would not fit.

My thoughts on the LAP Fremantle to Fremantle.

They have cut back on some thigs to save money, some menu items, costs rises for laundry, they sail a lot slower around 17 to 22 knots gone are the 30 knot days.

Getting covered in grain dust when leaving the ship in Brisbane was not much fun.

Getting sea sick for the first time in my life on the two hour trip to the barrier reef on that cat that did not handle the sea very well was not my highlight of the cruise.

But I would not hesitate going on another cruise on the ship, sorry liner.

Terry

hi thanks for the reply, i also got covered in grain and were were unable to sit on the balcony because it was blowing in all day, we did notice a big change in the ship for the 2nd leg sydney to fremantle with the food choices and the atmosphere of the ship, i guess a lot of the people who got on in sydney tried to change it to a party ship and we also heard quite a few complaints about not having anything on board to do but as we know it isnt a cruise ship but an ocean liner. i loved the dressing up and the elegance of the ship and everything about it, just some of the obnoxious people that came on board kind of spoiled it for me.

Will be saving harde to go on her again.

Archived