What exactly is Concierge Class?

wrg11

We'll be taking our first Celebrity Cruise on the Millenium in January 2013. I was so happy to be able to say we're going on the cruise "next year" and as of today I can say in "less than one year."

One of the things that sold me on the cruise was the Concierge Class. While I can't typically afford the "suite life," it's nice to feel a little special and to treat yourself.

Concierge class, obc from TA and gratuities paid by my TA for a two week cruise - I'm feeling special.

I'll guess I'll find out if Celebrity delivers, because the marketing worked.

This was our first time in CC apart from the extra point which was the main reason for selecting this class, and all of the perks mentioned above, you get a high quality beach bag lovely pen flowers in cabin and bathroom, and we asked our steward for cheese and biscuits daily instead of canapes.

the dressing gowns were great too seeings how it was quite cold for the first few days and the extra large towels are fab too. I prob woud'nt pay a fortune more for these however it was reasonable and I did enjoy the little extras now looking for same class on solstice in august xx

No. No 'coffee makers' in any room in Celebrity ships. On cruises departing Southampton only, tea kettles are provided. You are also not allowed to bring either aboard with you. There is an active thread about this very issue--just read up or down the boards a few posts.

Our TA has recommended Concierge Class. Can someone tell me what exactly that provides me?

As others have noted, it's a mixed bag of pro/con factors. We had CC class on the Solstice in June. Nice, but whether it's worth the added cost is personal depending on your budget, the cost difference, etc. In many ways, room location can be important. Being closer to one of the two elevator banks is helpful in saving time and not having to waste too much effort going down long, long corridors that are boring.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 59.067 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

There is no choice of the standard canapes--you just get 6 little round 'toasts' (stale bread really) with a dollop of some unrecognizable paste on them. But I understand that you can ask for cheese and crackers or shrimp cocktail. Several people have posted success at getting these, some have had trouble. . .

We recently cruised on the Constellation and I thought the pillows were the most uncomfortable of any we've encountered on a cruise. For that reason, I was very happy to have the pillow menu.

TIP- You can ask your stateroom attendent to bring you those fluffy pillows and they will. I have in an window state room with no problem.

This was our first time in CC apart from the extra point which was the main reason for selecting this class, and all of the perks mentioned above, you get a high quality beach bag lovely pen flowers in cabin and bathroom, and we asked our steward for cheese and biscuits daily instead of canapes.

the dressing gowns were great too seeings how it was quite cold for the first few days and the extra large towels are fab too. I prob woud'nt pay a fortune more for these however it was reasonable and I did enjoy the little extras now looking for same class on solstice in august xx

TIP- You can ask your stateroom attendent for those xl towels, most have no problem giving them to you.

Is there a list anywhere of what the choices are in canapes?

There is no choice of the standard canapes--you just get 6 little round 'toasts' (stale bread really) with a dollop of some unrecognizable paste on them. But I understand that you can ask for cheese and crackers or shrimp cocktail. Several people have posted success at getting these, some have had trouble. . .

Canapes photos...

346003202_100_2907CC.jpg.de614939b0d55c8ae11775f3f5a5b8cc.jpg

967573286_100_2819CC.jpg.bf193cfe43c4f6a37fdcd2358ec076ef.jpg

TIP- You can ask your stateroom attendent to bring you those fluffy pillows and they will. I have in an window state room with no problem.

Great point on the pillow "menu" or options. I asked for and got one of those special memory foam pillows. Liked it lots and lots! Got one when we returned home and am still "married" to it each night. Nice added feature.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 59.067 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived