1/7/12 Fascination Photo Review

AdrenalineRush

I am going on the same cruise in April, and I am curious how you only paid $28 to VIP. I looked on their web site, and it would cost me $45.

They might have increased the price this is my invoice, I paid $5 a day

Departure Date: 1/7/2012 10:00:00 AM

Return Date: 1/12/2012 9:00:00 AM

Preference: Cruise Parking

Total Amount: 28.25

Itemized Charges

Rate

Cat Service Type Rate Type Rate Qty

Cruise Parking Daily $5.00 5 $25.00

Taxable Sub-Total $25.00

7% SALES TAX $1.75

6% PORT TAX $1.50

Non-Taxable Sub-Total $0.00

Total Amount $28.25

Thanks for the review. Looks like you had a great time! HMC is beautiful...visiting there for the first time in October. Where is the new straw market in Nassau?

Yes, HMC is paradise!

The new straw market is pretty close to where the old tent straw market was located. Its right before you get to Senor Frogs. I should have taken more pictures of it.

They have changed the items they are allowed to sell, gone are the fake designer purses, sunglasses and other designer items. I didnt buy anything, but heard they weren't haggling as much at the new location, so not sure if the people just didn't know how to haggle or if the vendors are holding firm to prices.

I am going on the same cruise in April, and I am curious how you only paid $28 to VIP. I looked on their web site, and it would cost me $45.

Price went up Jan 1 to $8.50 per day from $5. They honored reservations made at the previous price.

Price went up Jan 1 to $8.50 per day from $5. They honored reservations made at the previous price.

Thanks Rich!

Its still a better price than the port.

I did see a place that is close to the port that had huge signs $8 parking, they werent shy about trying to get cars to pull into their lot.:)

Thanks Rich!

Its still a better price than the port.

I did see a place that is close to the port that had huge signs $8 parking, they werent shy about trying to get cars to pull into their lot.:)

We saw it too. In the words of my teenagers,"Very sketchy looking!"

I absolutely loved your photo review! I have always enjoyed my visits to the Bahamas, all so far have been land based vacations, but later this year I will visit HMC on a cruise. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, and best wishes for your upcoming marathons.:)

I absolutely loved your photo review! I have always enjoyed my visits to the Bahamas, all so far have been land based vacations, but later this year I will visit HMC on a cruise. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, and best wishes for your upcoming marathons.:)

Thanks you for the kind words. Im sure you will love HMC.

Did you run on the outside track? I ran a little over 2 miles out there before going inside to the treadmill.

It was way to soft, and there was a spot that would collapse when you ran over it. I am still suffering from some tendonitis from that run on that overly soft track. It caused me stride to change and cause that ankle issue.

Sorry to hear about about you ankle. I really dont like treadmills or short tracks, but did all my running on the track.

I ran on the inside lane and don't remember hitting any really bad spot. Got up there pretty early, so ran clockwise for half my run and counter clockwise for the other half. I worry about ITBS,which I have avoided so far(fingers crossed)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the pix of the room - I JUST booked that VERY ROOM for a 4/28 cruise!! How was it with noise from floors above, hall, etc.?

The room was fine, in a good location. I wasnt in the room much..maybe 3-5 hours total a day. So no noise issues at all for me.

There are rooms above and below, so doubt you will have any problems.

Archived