1/7/12 Fascination Photo Review

AdrenalineRush

Jaxfl

I usually waited until the pool was empty to take pictures. Often the ship pictures were taken pretty early in the morning so not many lax around. It did get pretty windy on the way back to Jax.

The ocean pics I wanted to capture the water, so I didn't aim the camera at people.

At junkanoo beach there was just one woman in the water. She was singing Gospel music :) I was about to film her, but decided against it.

Great review and pics. I have a strange question.... did you by any chance take any photos from the top of the Paradise Island bridge, facing away from downtown? You used to be able to see the roof of my grandmother's house, but we've sold it since she passed away and I'm wondering if the new owners have torn it down yet (they told us that was a possibility).

"She was singing Gospel music " or screaming so she did not feel the ice cold water? :D

lol...she was "special" i dont think the temperature of the water even bothered her...I should have taken a picture and you would get a better idea..lol

Thank you for my "short vacation". I really appreciated the pictures. This is a great way to see a review, when you have been on the ship.

We loved HMC, and want to go again! Loved the shots from the bridge, and the ship size comparison.

You are more than welcome!

Great review and pics. I have a strange question.... did you by any chance take any photos from the top of the Paradise Island bridge, facing away from downtown? You used to be able to see the roof of my grandmother's house, but we've sold it since she passed away and I'm wondering if the new owners have torn it down yet (they told us that was a possibility).

Thanks!

I went back to check...no pics from that vantage point. I was sure I took pics.

Thanks!

I went back to check...no pics from that vantage point. I was sure I took pics.

Thanks for checking.... one of these days I'll get back there - just trying to prepare myself for her house not being there. She was born and died in that house, I lived there as a kid.... sad to know it might be gone.

Video of the Fascination Showband doing Proud Mary...they were doing Motown at 5pm, which was the same time as the Farewell Party and sunset, so I had to be in 3 places at once..lol Got multiple drinks, viewed the sunset and got a few videos

th_lastseaday030.jpg

That video of the showband doing Proud Mary, cracked me up:D Not so much the band, but, the ladies on the left and the right, getting their groove on:eek: I am at work, and I almost fell out of my chair laughing!

We will sail her in Oct. of this year for the first time, can't wait! Loved your review! Know you had a great time.

Thanks for checking.... one of these days I'll get back there - just trying to prepare myself for her house not being there. She was born and died in that house, I lived there as a kid.... sad to know it might be gone.

Im sure it will be tough to see. I do remember looking in that direction when I got down to the toll booth area.

That video of the showband doing Proud Mary, cracked me up:D Not so much the band, but, the ladies on the left and the right, getting their groove on:eek: I am at work, and I almost fell out of my chair laughing!

We will sail her in Oct. of this year for the first time, can't wait! Loved your review! Know you had a great time.

I think some of them just left the farewell party...lol I watched it again and didnt realize I was singing so loud and offkey :eek: guess those drinks kicked in!

Im sure you will have a great cruise.

Oh wow..just down the hall!!!

Glad you still had a good time despite all the confusion. Think you will cruise again?

Actually already booked another one. Dream 1/5/13. We are going to be taking the husbands parents with us. We booked 2 cove balconies. Hoping this one is a little less confusing

Actually already booked another one. Dream 1/5/13. We are going to be taking the husbands parents with us. We booked 2 cove balconies. Hoping this one is a little less confusing

Im sure it will be..plus you are sailing on a bigger and newer ship. You will be amazed at the differences in the two ships.

Im sure it will be..plus you are sailing on a bigger and newer ship. You will be amazed at the differences in the two ships.

Plus, having two cove balconies, we did on our Dream cruise and we got the room steward to open up the partition between the two and man or man, that was great:D

By the way, I could not hear you singing at all;)

Video of the Fascination Showband doing Proud Mary...they were doing Motown at 5pm, which was the same time as the Farewell Party and sunset, so I had to be in 3 places at once..lol Got multiple drinks, viewed the sunset and got a few videos

th_lastseaday030.jpg

Thanks for sharing this video. I LOVED watching the dancers, it brought back so many great memories of our recent cruise on the Fascination. After all, Carnival is the FUN ship and we had a FUNtastic time. :D

By the way, I could not hear you singing at all;)

lol...good

Thanks for sharing this video. I LOVED watching the dancers, it brought back so many great memories of our recent cruise on the Fascination. After all, Carnival is the FUN ship and we had a FUNtastic time. :D

You are welcome...lot of FUNtastic folks were on the ship.:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great pics!

Just need to ask -- did the captain sound the ship's horn to announce muster or departure? I love the sound of the horn!!! We'll be on sometime soon, first time sailing on Fascination and out of JAXPORT.

• 3 weeks later...

Just need to ask -- did the captain sound the ship's horn to announce muster or departure? I love the sound of the horn!!! We'll be on sometime soon, first time sailing on Fascination and out of JAXPORT.

Not sure how I missed this question.

Hmm I'm trying to remember, we left late so not sure anything about our departure and muster was standard. I'm thinking we did have a horn blast at sailaway, but my memory is fuzzy lol

Hopefully you will have a Blast :)

Jazz

Loved your pics! We went on the Fascination back in 2003 for our honeymoon, and it's amazing to see the changes. Do they still have the hot pink bathrooms and elevators... the big elephant at the bar... ? Kinda random questions, but I loved how gaudy and fun the Fascination was. I'd hate to think they toned that down. :)

Just need to ask -- did the captain sound the ship's horn to announce muster or departure? I love the sound of the horn!!! h.

On the April 9 sailing, we did have a horn blast before going under the bridge. I specifically remember it because DD7 wanted to know why the captain did it. I told her it signals the start of the cruise. I posted a Fascination review, so if you haven't seen it yet, please take a look.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1615190

Hope this link works.

Archived