Waitlist Experiences?

stlrod

Today, I waitlisted for the sold-out 5/26 Sapphire. I was told my position is #2. I was wondering what others' experiences have been on the waitlist. Thanks.

At number two, you will definitely get a cabin. Lots of dropouts when final payment is due.

What do you suppose the odds are on a smaller ship like the Ocean Princess? I am wait-listed #1 for a sailing in march 2013.
You'll get a cabin.

I read years ago that every cabin is turned over 8x before final payment, which is a scary thought. People book and cancel all the time, or change their minds and decide on a different cabin or category.

What do you suppose the odds are on a smaller ship like the Ocean Princess? I am wait-listed #1 for a sailing in march 2013.

There are no odds. I can't even imagine why you are waitlisted at all for 2013. :confused: I know there is availability for insides and OV and suites; just not balconies and minis. In fact, they just lowered the fares on those cabins.

@ Pam, wow, 8 times, that is scary! lol

@ Pia, I too was surprised that they sold out so soon. We are waitlisted for a balcony. There are other cabins available, but we really want a balcony. The cruise is The Ocean Princess for Tahiti to Sydney.

You'll get a cabin.

I agree.

If you are waitlisted for a balcony, that means even the GTY option in each balcony category is full.

I would check daily on the Princess web site and if you see a GTY or a cabin available for a balcony, contact your TA (or Princess if not using a TA) immediately. Sometimes the waitlisted folk do not get serviced as sson as a cabin becdomes available.

Phone them regularly. We were wait listed for a balcony recently, there was a huge wait list ...I think we were 75th when we started....Got down to about 50th and balconies started to pop up as available on Princess's site..they were selling them to people not on the wait list :mad: so be vigilant, don't wait for them to call.

We are wait-listed 645 for the Grand Princess for the 49 days around South America in January 2013. From what I am reading I could cry foul. We paid a $200 deposit to be on that wait list ( admittedly we will get our money back but they have it now) only to have people with no investment jump ahead of us. Given the chance, I too will circumvent the system but it's not right.

Including us they have $129,000 (645 X $200) tied up in those deposits. Even if one person jumps ahead in the cue we are not getting what we paid for. """"""" PRINCESS ARE YOU READING THIS """"""""""""

Archived