Yikes! Am I on the Richard Simmons Cruise??

2boyzmom

This reply was intelligent. Did you even bother to read what I typed, Mervyn, or did you just want to show that you can count?

I was meaning to explain what people like phlydude dont' get, and I was trying to be decent about it.

well, lets just say I will gladly be your so-called Hit and Run. I have no desire to stick around if this is an example of what this site has to offer. There are websites that actually critique the cruises and cruise ships in a helpful and informative way. Obviously this isn't one of them.

Merv I agree with you.

Now shouldn't this be on the Lose Before You Cruise board?

I do recall a mention of LONG lines at the salad bar - that seems to fit - I do not think it was a "cut" but rather an observation, as were most of the comments.

When people enter ANY environment with their defenses already on alert - even benign things are more apt to elicit a response... simple enough!

Dancer - 10% is way below my threshold of 25-35% :)

I am sure all will have a great cruise - the RS group, and all others!

Tom

Oh good grief! "Long lines at the salad bar"???? How is that a bad thing? When you have a large group of people on a cruise that are on a "diet cruise", I'm imagining there WOULD be long lines to get a salad... that is not a bad thing to say at all... try reading some of the posts without being so defensive.. not everyone is out to get you guys!!!! I think you will see that most of the posts in the thread were supportive.. this is becoming crazy IMHO...

Do you think the OP has enough information?? (hint hint) :rolleyes:

HA HAA I LOVE THIS!

Last night when my hubby came home I said honey I have something to tell you.... and then I said I found out we were booked on the RS Cruise to Loose!! LOL

I had him going for about 30 mins and then I had to tell him I was just kidding and that someone from my cruise site was though! LOL :D

Cruisers in the Richard Simmons group use the same menu as the "regular" cruisers. We have some special options on our table, such as fat free dressing, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, and also a few other options like broiled chicken/no skin, pasta with marinara sauce... Personally, I'd rather order from the regular menu and use portion control and common sense.

This will NOT affect your menu at all. It will be just like a regular cruise. Not to worry!

PS I can't resist the Chocolate Decadence dessert! :p

Oh good grief! "Long lines at the salad bar"???? How is that a bad thing? When you have a large group of people on a cruise that are on a "diet cruise", I'm imagining there WOULD be long lines to get a salad... that is not a bad thing to say at all... try reading some of the posts without being so defensive.. not everyone is out to get you guys!!!!

Nah, I didn't say that was a bad comment. I simply brought it up to say having an RS group on board doesn't negatively affect anyone else's cruise. That was a misconception. That's what prompted me to post... it's a small percentage of people on a very big ship. There were a couple people here who implied that having the group on board would ruin the cruise for everyone else. That's not true, as I tried to explain. Lots of people dont' even know we're there until the cruise is over or they see it in the photo gallery! I agree with you, there were some nice posts here. Like Eileen's. Thank you Eileen:)

Just a comment, for those who care... I loved this itinerary when it included St Maarten instead of Tortola. (that was back in 98) I had hoped to have the chance to return there.... but I will say that Tortola has some beautiful beaches!

Sailing out of Florida, we always hit San Juan too late in the day to do any real sight-seeing. St Thomas was my first shore excursion outside US soil. It was an adventure I'll never forget.

As I said, I hope you all have a wonderful cruise. Sincerely.

Like you, Tom, I'm sure everyone WILL.

• 5 weeks later...

Just returned today from the cruise. (See my review on Carnival board) Yes- Richard Simmons was sighted almost everyday by myself in the dining room. I also saw his group doing a workout in the morning in one of the lounges. it was "fun" to have a celeb on board.

Archived