Foundation Recommendation

Coltsfan18

Well... Now I've forgotten what the previous pages suggested. I'm 60 & can count on my fingers how many times in my life I've worn make up. I buy it just try it & immediatly take it off. My skin is neither dry or oily but apples of cheeks always red. Guess rosacea. I've also never used moisturizers or lotions. Have tried numerous moisturizers, collagen, retinol to decrease these wrinkles. Dont notice a difference with any of it. Regenerist, ROC, neutragenic, estee lauder, etc. I did try jergens tinted moisturizer for faces. It seems to do best. But I just know the primer & maybe a different tinted moisturizer might help. I am trying to get use to night creams & daytime moisturizers. What should I try to cover this red, hide these wrinkles, brighten up my skin, & give my face some color without feeling like my face is dirty???

Well... Now I've forgotten what the previous pages suggested. I'm 60 & can count on my fingers how many times in my life I've worn make up. I buy it just try it & immediatly take it off. My skin is neither dry or oily but apples of cheeks always red. Guess rosacea. I've also never used moisturizers or lotions. Have tried numerous moisturizers, collagen, retinol to decrease these wrinkles. Dont notice a difference with any of it. Regenerist, ROC, neutragenic, estee lauder, etc. I did try jergens tinted moisturizer for faces. It seems to do best. But I just know the primer & maybe a different tinted moisturizer might help. I am trying to get use to night creams & daytime moisturizers. What should I try to cover this red, hide these wrinkles, brighten up my skin, & give my face some color without feeling like my face is dirty???

Use a light moisturizer first - try Kiehls brand.

http://m.kiehls.com/prod_details.do?pid=351

Then apply Clarins instant smooth to 'pop out' lines and wrinkles.

http://www.google.com/m/products/catalog?q=clarins+smooth+perfecting+touch&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17106738886492995521&near=Charlotte,%20NC&sa=X&ei=JGwxT4j9C8nw0gHx4o3EBw&ved=0CEIQ8wIwAQ

I then use a concealer on extra red areas - Estée Lauder Double Wear.

http://www.google.com/m/products/detail?client=safari&hl=en&source=univ&q=estee+lauder+double+wear+concealer&cid=13214353309159733951

Next apply Estée Lauder Double Wear light foundation in your shade.

http://www.google.com/m/products/detail?source=univ&client=safari&q=estee+lauder+double+wear+light&hl=en&cid=8295505378206451646

Tadaa! Less wrinkles, complete coverage and no 'dirty' or 'heavy' feel!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I love reading this board. Everyone always gives great advice.

I will turn 50 in a few months. For many years I have worn Bare Essentials. Recently, the powder has started settling into my wrinkles. :(

I tried a foundation by Lancome, but it was really heavy and after several hours it looked like a mask - not very natural.

Can anyone recommend a foundation that is light, and looks natural, for an almost 50 year old? We cruise in a few weeks and I would like to purchase new makeup before I leave.

Thanks in advance!

Angie

Since you were a BE user, I think you might like some of Philosophy's products. I love their "airbrushed canvas" power which is a lot like BE but doesn't give me that set in look like BE does sometimes. You can either use their application sponge, or use a brush. Its fine but not heavy at all, which is why I love it - its just enough to cover flaws but not so heavy I no longer look real. This one is my go to makeup these days because it takes me less then a minute to apply.

I also love their superbeautiful hybrid makeup which is more of a liquid foundation. It doesn't feel heavy at all and unless I apply too much you would never know I am wearing makeup. (My mother steals this from me all the time because she loves it so much- and she's 62.)

I use Clinique Super Balanced foundation. It covers well for me but doesn't "set" into my wrinkles. I'm 51, and not to brag but most people think I am barely 40. I DO have wrinkles, but definitely find that the lighter weight foundations make them less noticeable. When I have worn heavier foundations I swear it makes me look ten years older.

I use all sorts of foundations as I travel to different climates. And just recently, I bought Clinique's "Even Better" foundation that also contains a SPF of 15. I like the coverage. I too use Bare Minerals but I use their primer underneath and I have no problems what so ever. Love both products!

I'm on the downside of 50. I was never a makeup wearer - just slapped on some sunscreen daily and I was done. I now have a job where I do have to do a little more to look publicly "professional". I still keep it simple, though. I have decided, after doing BE, Korres, Skin, Bobbie Brown, I really like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. Goes on great, doesn't look "foundation-y", but natural. It only takes about a pea-size dollop to cover. If I want to add a little extra color, I'll do a brush-by of Benefit Hula or Dandelion. For my eyes - I am also a super-oily eyelid person. I've tried Benefit, Urban Decay and Two Faced primers. Hands down, the Two Faced primer works best for me. My eyeliner (Urban Decay 24/7 pencils) definitely stays in place for the needed 9 hours.

I'm in my early 60's, and I'm blessed to have facial skin that is unlined without benefit of Botox or plastic surgery--and I have a very fair complexion.

Many years ago my "other mother," who was a makeup expert, suggested to me that I may want to shop for Rimmel when I went to England. I did, but now I can find it at my local WalMart! It works great for me if I want something with more coverage than a tinted Mary Kay moisturizer (which I swear by). Someone else who posted her made what I consider a very valuable suggestion and that is to use a top quality sponge.

Don't know if it's still being sold, but Bloomingdale's used to carry two wonderful lines that my "other mother" was sold on: Stendhal and Lancaster.

Happy Cruising!

Archived