Cruise Boss Slams Passenger 'Sensationalism' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ST-UK

Whilst is it very sad for the people who lost their lives and All those who had to leave the ship comments like the one below do people no favours, after all what do you expect at a time like that people to be quiet as though they are going for a walk in the park on a Sunday with their kids! of course its going to be mayhem.

Passengers have described the evacuation process as chaotic !

Of course its chaotic there are 4,000 people most of whom believe in their own minds that they too may well die, why would they think otherwise!

I think someone will be making a hasty retraction or "clarification" shortly. Perhaps a new job is in the offing for her as well.

"Sorry" won't get it done.

I don't care about the "new job" as long as she no longer has the "old one".:mad::mad::mad:

While the companies overall silence has been a lesson in what not to do for damage control, that statement was worse then silence. If she were my employee she'd be fired. Period.

Any company that causes a major disaster that risks the lives of 4000 people needs to at minimum show empathy. That chick did nothing but infer that the customers were somehow to blame for the entire situation. Perhaps she's missing the various videos taken by passengers that refute her obscenely inaccurate and inappropriate comments. Perhaps she's nuts. Or perhaps she's a cold, callous *****. Either way, she's repulsive.

Wow, to call what the passengers say "sensationalism" when there are literally bodies still on the ship is beyond tone deaf! What are these execs thinking?

They need to stop talking to the press and wrap up the search and recovery.

Assistant director Monica Bova said to hear passengers who were safe and sound on the docks say "no-one saved us" was outrageous.

Oh dear!

Perhaps she should tell that to the people who were left to fend for themselves and swim for their lives. Especially those groups of people where some of their party didn't make it. :(

A HONEYMOON bride was among those still missing last night after the Costa Concordia disaster.

Maria D'Introno, 30, boarded the doomed liner with groom Vincenzo Rosselli, 40, and several relatives. The couple took the cruise to celebrate the marriage AND the golden wedding anniversary of a member of the family.

Everyone in the group apart from Maria swam to safety after jumping into the sea. But the bride has not been seen since Friday night's shipwreck.

Frantic Vincenzo, from Biella near Turin, said: "The main thing on my mind as we were swimming towards the shore was my 74-year-old father, who has a problem with his hip.

"We all had lifejackets but Maria couldn't swim and was scared of the water."

Monica Bova. Costa Cruise.

The statement of this individual calls into question now the Company, through he rash anouncement she has slated casualties from a ship that was wrecked by the actions of a rogue Captain.

I for one will be writing my displeasure of her comments to both Costa head officer in Italy and that of Carnival corporation who should remove this person immediately. I would ask other members to also voice their displeasure of this individual.

rgds

This "Cruise boss" is an Assistant Cruise director. Google her name, you'll find her LinkedIn profile.

I'd trust her to tell someone how to do the Hokey Pokey, but I hardly think she's speaking as a representative of Costa Cruise Lines. More as a scared twenty something, thrust in the spotlight under terrible conditions.

Not that the press cares about identifying her role, it's much more SENSATIONAL this way. As well as folks here who will copy anything they read on the internet, without trying some simple verification.

This "Cruise boss" is an Assistant Cruise director. Google her name, you'll find her LinkedIn profile.

I'd trust her to tell someone how to do the Hokey Pokey, but I hardly think she's speaking as a representative of Costa Cruise Lines. More as a scared twenty something, thrust in the spotlight under terrible conditions.

Not that the press cares about identifying her role, it's much more SENSATIONAL this way. As well as folks here who will copy anything they read on the internet, without trying some simple verification.

She wrote an open letter, it wasn't like she suddenly had a microphone shoved in her face.

I have no idea how the pax who was overheard to say "no one saved us" got to shore. However, if the pax jumped into the water while there was a delay and confusion among the crew if the life boats should be lowered, then the pax very well might believe "no one saved us."

Not wanting to be a "COPY AND PASTE KING" but I thought I would bring it to attention.

I don't think it matters if she is the owner or a chef, comments like that are out of order. And at no time would I look up her name. It states

"Cruise Boss"

"A Costa Cruises executive"

"Assistant director Monica Bova"

Not wanting to be a "COPY AND PASTE KING" but I thought I would bring it to attention.

I don't think it matters if she is the owner or a chef, comments like that are out of order. And at no time would I look up her name. It states

"Cruise Boss"

"A Costa Cruises executive"

"Assistant director Monica Bova"

And it's all wrong. This is a good lesson not to trust everything you read in the press. They want eyeballs, they want folks to link to them and they will print SENSATIONAL and OUTRAGEOUS things to get those eyeballs.

Good point. Still doesn't make her a Cruise Boss, or a Costa Executive, does it?

I believe there is a "lost in translation" issue at hand. Often words in one language translate to another, but have a slightly different meaning. Because she was a "director" the word director could be taken to mean executive in translation.

I believe there is a "lost in translation" issue at hand. Often words in one language translate to another, but have a slightly different meaning. Because she was a "director" the word director could be taken to mean executive in translation.

The translation of director to boss... not the best.

Criticizing passengers...#%^&%$^&.

Ya want me to translate that???

I didn't say her words were appropriate--go read my first post in this thread before being so snarky for no reason. Number six in case you can't find it on your own.

I didn't say her words were appropriate--go read my first post in this thread before being so snarky for no reason. Number six in case you can't find it on your own.

I'm sorry if you took my response as an attack on you.:o That was not my intention. :(

I agree with your point. Translation of languages has it's problems.

She criticized the passengers enough that there was little "reading between the lines" of that translation necessary.:mad:

It's an English language news site, and we're reading English.

Correction: It's a Sensationalist English news site, and they got us all to read their site and discuss it.

She's scared, probably unemployed, and pretty defensive towards her friends and colleagues. I can't blame her for that. I can blame the media for sensationalizing the poor girl.

Archived