Galveston fogged in again

1948buddy

I know....we were hoping that somehow the fog would just disappear over night......no such luck!!!

We were on Magic's first cruise from Galveston in Nov, no fog, thank God . We did one of the Cove balconies, it was nice, and also made it easy to get on and off..

Yeah, we came in yesterday morning. We also manage to get out of Chicago right after a bunch of snow so I guess we can't get lucky twice! We're just trying to figure out what time we should even head down there. We're staying by the seawall.

Yeah, we came in yesterday morning. We also manage to get out of Chicago right after a bunch of snow so I guess we can't get lucky twice! We're just trying to figure out what time we should even head down there. We're staying by the seawall.

The Triumph didn't get in yesterday till after noon, so probably no need to hurry.

We were on Magic's first cruise from Galveston in Nov, no fog, thank God . We did one of the Cove balconies, it was nice, and also made it easy to get on and off..

I'm glad u guys had a good time! We really wanted to try a cove, but the rest of our group wanted to stay closer together so we'll have to suffer with just a "regular" balcony ;)

We are so excited to start the trip...patience is not one of my best qualities!!!

The Triumph didn't get in yesterday till after noon, so probably no need to hurry.

We heard the triumphs muster drill start and that was after 7pm. We figured we'd have plenty of time. I really wish I would've slept in a bit more!

There is a Carnival cam website you can go to that shows the Magic and several other CCL ships. I wish I knew how to add the link for you. Right now it says zero knots, but it is just outside the bay area... Just google it, Carnival bridge cams...Also there is a galveston cruise cam site that is helpful...Hope you have a great cruise! Buddy vanecek taylor Tx

I'm glad u guys had a good time! We really wanted to try a cove, but the rest of our group wanted to stay closer together so we'll have to suffer with just a "regular" balcony ;)

We are so excited to start the trip...patience is not one of my best qualities!!!

Only negative about cove is that it gets a little wet, but easier to see the flying fish...I forgot to ask , Where are you headed on this one?

We're going western-Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel

We always like Cozumel, last time we did the Passion Island by Catamaran, and really liked it, open bar, nice boat ride 40 min each way....Has been a while since Cayman and Montego....Food and drink in Georgetown is much more expensive.... Again, stay safe, and hope you are not delayed too long...

We always like Cozumel, last time we did the Passion Island by Catamaran, and really liked it, open bar, nice boat ride 40 min each way....Has been a while since Cayman and Montego....Food and drink in Georgetown is much more expensive.... Again, stay safe, and hope you are not delayed too long...

We're doing mr sanchos in Cozumel, snorkeling/catamaran in Jamaica, and just a beach day in grand cayman. I completely agree about the food in Georgetown!!! We were shocked when we got our bill from lunch last fall!!! Thank you-the important thing is that we WILL be on a ship today at some point!:p

The weather said the fog is supposed to lift by 11am...so maybe just a few hours delay?

I think they were calling for something similar yesterday, but it just going in and out of fogginess. It was worse by the seawall around 4-5,but then it rolled back in by the strand. We were excited to have an ocean view from our hotel....except u can't see it through the fog!!!! I hope ur right tho-11am wouldn't be bad at all!

We're doing mr sanchos in Cozumel, snorkeling/catamaran in Jamaica, and just a beach day in grand cayman. I completely agree about the food in Georgetown!!! We were shocked when we got our bill from lunch last fall!!! Thank you-the important thing is that we WILL be on a ship today at some point!:p

I forgot, we did a snorkle/catamarea/drunk boat in Montego...It was really good. We are not youngsters at 63 each, but we think we are. It got pretty wild, and was a lot of fun...have a great time!

Is the contruction bad on I45 from Dallas to Galveston? We'll be leaving soon and sure hope that fog leaves in a hurry!

I don't know about construction on I45 before you get into Houston but part of I45 is closed down to one lane for construction right before you get into the downtown area. If I were you I would either take the beltway around to I45 or cut over to I59 to I45. The latter you would not have to pay any tolls.

Anybody have a confirmed update on when the Magic will dock and will begin boarding passengers? My inlaws are on this cruise and I told them NOT to leave their hotel until I heard a definite answer. ???

When it happened to us two weeks ago, they told us not to go back for two hours after we saw the ship dock.

Archived