Galveston fogged in again

1948buddy

We're going western-Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel

When you come back would you report back which side of the ship docks port side in Jamaica and Cozumel please? I hope we don't have this problem in two weeks when we board but will be prepared for it, if it happens.:D

Anybody have a confirmed update on when the Magic will dock and will begin boarding passengers? My inlaws are on this cruise and I told them NOT to leave their hotel until I heard a definite answer. ???

Here is what the email said that we received this morning:

We will continue to monitor the weather conditions and will be posting updates online regarding the arrival of the Carnival Magic. For your comfort and convenience, we ask that you not proceed to the terminal until we confirm the ship's arrival time and embarkation hours for your cruise.

In the meantime, to stay in touch, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates. You can also visit our website at http://www.carnival.com/alerts.

If you have a Dallas toll tag it can be used in the EZ-tag lanes on Houston area toll roads. The easiest way to avoid the lane closures on I-45 coming into the downtown area in Houston is to take the Hardy Toll road.

The Hardy toll road begins on I-45 just south of the Woodlands and parallels I-45 to the 610 loop. Once it ends follow the signs for I-610 east go one exit to 59 south until you link back up with I-45 south on the south side of downtown.

For those sailing on Magic today, the weather forecast for late in the week looks very good with high pressure settling in next weekend. Hopefully this means a fog-free return for the Magic next Sunday.

Have a great cruise everybody!

When it happened to us two weeks ago, they told us not to go back for two hours after we saw the ship dock.

If it's like yesterday, the fog cleared up around noon, and the Triumph arrived at dock around 1:30. Check-in was then set from 3:00 to 6:30, and they sailed around 8:00 PM.

I would follow the suggestion above, once you know the Magic has docked, wait 2 hours and you'll avoid all the sitting on hard concrete, no food, no water, no internet, no information...

We'll eventually get on her (keep telling yourself)!

For those sailing on Magic today, the weather forecast for late in the week looks very good with high pressure settling in next weekend. Hopefully this means a fog-free return for the Magic next Sunday.

Have a great cruise everybody!

I'm driving home, I wouldn't at all mind a fog-delayed return, that would give back what we are going to miss today! Although it would play havoc on our friends who are flying out....

To receive updates they have a new number - Text CCL 1 to CRUISE (278473)

The last update said not to proceed to the pier until further notice since the port is closed.

To see where the Magic is you can go to vesselfinder dot com (all run together) She is out at the anchorage with the Mariner of the Seas just ahead of her.

Local weather is saying fog should lift by 9am. It seems better than yesterday - when you look at the Galveston webcams you can actually see the pier and the oil and gas museum. Yesterday all you could see at this time was fog and more fog.

When you come back would you report back which side of the ship docks port side in Jamaica and Cozumel please? I hope we don't have this problem in two weeks when we board but will be prepared for it, if it happens.:D

Will do! But I thought I read that it can change any given time due to weather/visibility, port availability, etc. But I will report what we do this week :)

I forgot, we did a snorkle/catamarea/drunk boat in Montego...It was really good. We are not youngsters at 63 each, but we think we are. It got pretty wild, and was a lot of fun...have a great time!

Great to hear! Thank you :)

And u know that age is just a number, nothing else!

Construction on I-45 starts getting ugly as you're going through Willis. Traffic will probably not be heavy, however the lanes are bumpy, uneven & narrow. Don't go too fast cos there has been a lot of fatalities starting at this stretch on up through the woodlands. I'd also take the hardy toll road just to be on the safe side. Have a fun trip.

One Pilot boat is currently meeting with Mariner and the other is headed toward Magic (or the pilot boat will do a 2fer). Mariner will come in first.

Chuck, I love that website...it seems to work much better than the "Live Ships" one.

Chuck, I love that website...it seems to work much better than the "Live Ships" one.

I do too. Unfortunately, the only reason I found out about it was last week from the online video that went viral which used the site to show the track Concordia took.:(

Archived