HAL vs RCI ship size

2cruisecats

A few weeks back, someone posted a link to a pix of a HAL ship against a very large RCI ship (the Oasis?). I was trying to explain the difference in ship sizes to a co-worker and tried to find that posting -- a picture is worth very many words!! If anyone has such a pix, could they please post it? Many thanks. (and thanks to HAL for not going the mega ship route -- I do not require a floating village!).

Here is the Oasis docked by two other ships, one the NGL Sun, I think the other was Ruby Princess.

The best way to compare them is to take a cruise on the Allure or the Oasis. We took one on the Oasis.... we are now spoiled! The smaller ships now seem boring.

OofT.jpg

"Boring" sometimes = relaxing.

It is subjective to individual what's too little and what's too much.

We just came back from the Nieuw Amsterdam with the kids earlier this month. My DS envy going to Oasis/Allure one day. My DD is perfectly happy with another HAL cruise, as long as it is longer. My DW and I want to go back to Disney.

Here is the Oasis docked by two other ships, one the NGL Sun, I think the other was Ruby Princess.

The best way to compare them is to take a cruise on the Allure or the Oasis. We took one on the Oasis.... we are now spoiled! The smaller ships now seem boring.

Does this mean that your world is now limited to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Labadee, Falmouth Jamaica, Cozumel, Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten?

OofT.jpg

Princess ship with whale tail? :confused: Could it be one of "Fun Ships".

If you peer at it really closely, you can see that the first word is "Carnival". (I can't read the actual ship name.)

I know it's a Carnival ship. But olefin32 thinks it's Ruby Princess (with whale tail). I saw 5 letters on the name of the ship and last one is letter "m". :)

Norwegian Sun and Carnival Dream

Bruce

Bruce that is correct!

I had Ruby Princess on my mind for we docked by it another day.

You won't see Central Park on the smaller ships. This picture is at one end of Central Park. Now talk about relaxing. ;)

orig.jpg

Bruce that is correct!

I had Ruby Princess on my mind for we docked by it another day.

You won't see Central Park on the smaller ships. This picture is at one end of Central Park. Now talk about relaxing. ;)

Very nice, and that can be relaxing too, but I am not disputing other types of relaxing, or, boring :rolleyes:

There is no question a bigger ship has more hardware to offer, and there are places to get very close to the sea, or away from the sea.

A smaller ship has less hardware option, but that doesn't necessary degrade the overall cruising experinece. It is a DIFFERENT experience.

JMHO

Archived