Anyone have Navigator of the Seas questions

FLHTCU10

Sauna? Steam Room? Pizza?

Solarium roof, open? Closed? Changeable?

Solarium food?

The solarium roof on the Navigator (and all Voyager class ships) is always open. It is not enclosed as they are on the Radiance and Vision class. :)

Was that a trick question? ;):D

Edited by Coralc

How was the ship looking? Good, tired, average? Would you do it again?

I was on this same cruise. I think the ship looks great. She is not pristine, but I don't think there is anything wrong with her at all. Anything I saw was so minor as to not warrant comment. Unless you are a real nit-picking complainer.

I would certainly cruise on her again, no hesitation.

The ship was showing it's age but over all it was in good shape. You could tell the carpet was worn and faded in places and also in the staterooms. We were on deck 6, cabin 6328 which was on the hump one deck above the life boats. The Cabinets in the room were worn and did not slide out like they should. The carpet was faded a bit and you can see rust under paint on the balcony. I work construction so I notice a lot about things. Our room stewart was great and kept things as clean as he could. He cleaned real good but it's hard to make something faded and worn to look good. With a ship this old over all it did the job but if you want something to look brand new you might want to pick a newer ship.

We were on the Navigator 12/4, 12/10 and 1/8/12 sailings. As was mentioned before, altho the ship is certainly showing wear, she is really a grand lady to sail on.

Despite showing signs of needing dry dock maintenance/repair, she is a very pretty ship and very clean. The crew reflects what I call a "happy ship" and the service they render is excellent.

As to the food, we prefer the Windjammer and the specialty restaurants so we offer nothing as to the MDR. In the WJ the breakfast offers a variety of foods and the specialty egg preparation is not to be missed. Lunch and dinner there are far less hectic than for breakfast, and makes available a much more varied food choices than are offered in the MDR. While both the specialty restaurants are good and well worth the money, our personal perferance is Chops.

On the Promenade the is the cafe where pizza, sandwiches, and pastries are available 24 hours a day all of which are very good.

There is no solarium cafe on this ship - but there is a Johnny Rockets.

Are the TV's in the room flat screen or the old tube style?

Trying to form a picture in my mind if the rooms are "old" feeling or new and updated. We have a GS for a sailing in December.

Thanks!

You have a large flat screen tv that is on a swivel so you can watch it from the sitting area or from the sleeping area.

Are the TV's in the room flat screen or the old tube style?

Trying to form a picture in my mind if the rooms are "old" feeling or new and updated. We have a GS for a sailing in December.

Thanks!

GS may have flat screen, but insides didn't. This is one of the things that will be taken care of when she goes in for re-fit in the future - part of an across the fleet update.

Who is the piano player in the Schooner Bar?

What other type of live music did they have on the ship at night?

Crag Jensen. He wasn't my cup of tea. Latin band in Boleros, guitar man Dallas in the Two Poets Pub. Good band & singer in the Cosmopolitan Club (Viking Crown).

Sailing in 7 weeks. Who was the cruise director whilst you were on and were they entertaining?

Thanks

Karen

Dan Dan the Party Man Whitney. Very entertaining. I thought he was a great cruise director.

How was Port Everglades? were there huge line ups the morning you got on? Hearing some horror stories of big slow loving line ups!!!!

Not when I sailed January 15. Any lines they had moved quickly, even thru security.

How was Port Everglades? were there huge line ups the morning you got on? Hearing some horror stories of big slow loving line ups!!!!

I was on the 1/15 sailing as well.

Arrived at the port via taxi around 10:40. Was shown to what turned out to be some sort of early check in line. 15 minutes to the desk to have seapasses issued. Another 10 in the waiting area by the portable toilets. On the ship by 11:15. Bags in front of the door when we were allowed into the hallways at 1PM. About as smooth as embarkation gets.

We had a great cruise. The ship is not new but is well maintained. I agree with the above comments about it being a "happy" ship. Would not hesitate to book on Navigator again, though we will probably sail on Freedom next.

I was on the 1/15 sailing as well.

Arrived at the port via taxi around 10:40. Was shown to what turned out to be some sort of early check in line. 15 minutes to the desk to have seapasses issued. Another 10 in the waiting area by the portable toilets. On the ship by 11:15. Bags in front of the door when we were allowed into the hallways at 1PM. About as smooth as embarkation gets.

We had a great cruise. The ship is not new but is well maintained. I agree with the above comments about it being a "happy" ship. Would not hesitate to book on Navigator again, though we will probably sail on Freedom next.

Is it normal that you are unable to access the cabins when you first get on board!!!!!

:confused:

Is it normal that you are unable to access the cabins when you first get on board!!!!!

:confused:

Yes it is. Staterooms are generally not accessible until 1pm. Considering the brief period available to them from the time the previous sailing's passengers vacate their staterooms, until the new passengers arrive, it is somewhat amazing how the crew is able to turnover the rooms as quickly as they do.:)

We arrived at the pier around 10:40 am and were checked in and onboard by 11:01, perhaps the earliest we have ever boarded. Perhaps if we had arrived later it might have taken longer, but I heard no horror stories from the folks on our New Year's Eve cruise.

Yes it is. Staterooms are generally not accessible until 1pm. Considering the brief period available to them from the time the previous sailing's passengers vacate their staterooms, until the new passengers arrive, it is somewhat amazing how the crew is able to turnover the rooms as quickly as they do.:)

So what are you supposed to do with your carry-ons while you're trying to get some lunch :confused:????