a no show?

Wenneke

My TA called me yesterday. She said she had a question for me, 'did you go on your cruise, because ncl reported that you were a no show?'. Ofcourse I went on the cruise with NCL Dream, from April 7-19, I've already received an invoice for my shipboard account. I think they screwed up again, and we did not make an impression. Maybe I have to ask my money back...

Why would NCL report anyone as a "no show?" I wouldn't think they'd care. The TA gets his/her commission, they've already been paid, why bother with reporting?

Just curious.

KLC

UPCOMING CRUISES:

---------------------

PRIDE OF ???????-HAWAII (01/05)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;01;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

PREVIOUS CRUISES

-------------------------

RCI's Monarch of the Seas (01/04)

Star Princess (6/03)

RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas (4/01)

Carnival's Ecstasy (6/96)

RCI's Viking Serenade (1/94)

Not sure about NCl but read this on another board. If you cancel late pass the point of getting a refund. The TA does NOT get their commission, the crusie line keeps your money and the commission. Not fair to the TA but what can they do. Maybe a NO-show is the same as canceling. That could be why she wants to know.

That makes absolutely no sense. If the cruiseline gets to keep the entire cruise fare for no shows, then the TA should get his or her commission. They've done the work and it isn't their responsiblity to ensure the passengers' arrival. I also think TAs should get a cut of late cancellations. If the penalty is 50%, TAs should get 50% of their commission.

KLC

UPCOMING CRUISES:

---------------------

PRIDE OF ???????-HAWAII (01/05)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;01;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

PREVIOUS CRUISES

-------------------------

RCI's Monarch of the Seas (01/04)

Star Princess (6/03)

RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas (4/01)

Carnival's Ecstasy (6/96)

RCI's Viking Serenade (1/94)

Works the same way in the hotel business (at least for the 17 years that I've worked in it)...A no show means that the T/A does not get their commission and that the hotel can charge a no show fee (typically the 1st night rm+tax) against your credit card or advance payment based upon the cancellation policy of the hotel. There are certain loop holes around that one for the guest but the t/a still looses out either way.

Remember, a hotel room is a perishable commodity....if you don't rent it out that night it's lost revenue....never to be recouped. A no show also means a loss of potential revenue to the hotel due to the fact that those extra pay-per amenities are not being purchased (i.e., pay per view movies, video games, restaurant/bar sales, telephone revenue, etc, etc.). If you fail to show up both you and your t/a are likely to pay the price for it.

Now I know that NCL's accounting department has a lot of problems....but if you have a bill from your shipboard account who do they think charged the stuff to your account? The upgrade fairy?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Sailin' on the Wind 5/29/04

[This message was edited by MidtheNight on 05-13-04 at 10:37 PM.]

Archived