POA to Drydock - January 2013

rockabutzer

This may have already been addressed awhile ago, but according to my NCL PVP, the Pride of America will be getting a make over between January 19, 2013 and February 2, 2013.

If you check the NCL website, you will see that the January 19th and 26th sailings have been removed.

And of course, the prices are higher and most of those who were booked on those 2 weeks of renovations have already gobbled up the prime staterooms for February. Including the one I booked for January 5th. :(

This may have already been addressed awhile ago, but according to my NCL PVP, the Pride of America will be getting a make over between January 19, 2013 and February 2, 2013.

If you check the NCL website, you will see that the January 19th and 26th sailings have been removed.

And of course, the prices are higher and most of those who were booked on those 2 weeks of renovations have already gobbled up the prime staterooms for February. Including the one I booked for January 5th. :(

NCL refers to their personal cruise consultants as PCCs. PVP is a Carnival term. While most of us understand what you meant, new users might be confused by the use of terminology specific to another cruise line.

Not sure what the question is... But people book cruises more than a year out all the time if they are interested in prime cabins... I am sure the scheduled maintenance has little or nothing to do with that fact. If you want the best cabins for your cruise you have to book as soon as they become available or shortly thereafter or our choices will be limited to what is available when you book.

NCL refers to their personal cruise consultants as PCCs. PVP is a Carnival term. While most of us understand what you meant, new users might be confused by the use of terminology specific to another cruise line.

OK...I stand corrected. This only my second cruise and my first on NCL. The first was on the Carnival Pride last month, henceforth, didn't know the term used by NCL. Good to know. :D

Not sure what the question is... But people book cruises more than a year out all the time if they are interested in prime cabins... I am sure the scheduled maintenance has little or nothing to do with that fact. If you want the best cabins for your cruise you have to book as soon as they become available or shortly thereafter or our choices will be limited to what is available when you book.

I still think that the fact these two cruises were cancelled at the end of January that those people were given preference to book the same cabins on the next two cruises, if they were available.

I understand people book cruises months in advance (present company included) and usually stay with that category of cabin. I had just found out about the POA going into drydock a few days ago and was thinking of changes my cruise date to after the renovations and upgrading to a suite.

Being that those dates were more than a year out, I thought I would have a chance to get the suite that I wanted (10000), but found that it had already been booked. Consequently, that suite for my current booking was still available. So, through some logical thinking, I figured that people who were bumped from the cancelled cruises opted to rebook the same cabin/suite for the next available dates. That may or may not have been the case, but it made sense to me. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
cruising on poa april 20 2013 poa comes out of dry dock on april 6 2013 for first cruise per ncl they called me last week

I was originally scheduled for the last of March and got the call several weeks ago about the change in dry dock schedule. Decided to be one of the "first" after the facelift and we are going April 6th. Good thing I had not booked my air yet.

So, does anyone know what they're doing for the dry dock? Is it just routine maintenance (new carpet, painting, etc.) or are there enhancements, venue changes, etc?

Sounds like from what I have read is that the upgrades are for paint, bedding, tvs, etc. Does not sound like POA needs major structure or mechanical fixes.

Sounds like from what I have read is that the upgrades are for paint, bedding, tvs, etc. Does not sound like POA needs major structure or mechanical fixes.

I was just on the Pride of America 18 months ago and she seemed to me to be in pretty good shape. I'll be curious to see exactly what they do to her.

I was just on the Pride of America 18 months ago and she seemed to me to be in pretty good shape. I'll be curious to see exactly what they do to her.

We were on here in January and she was still in good shape. Some minor rust spots on deck railings here or there, but you expect that from something floating around in salt water.

• 3 weeks later...
We were on here in January and she was still in good shape. Some minor rust spots on deck railings here or there, but you expect that from something floating around in salt water.

Shes very overdue for it. Ever had problems getting hot water at 3pm or in the morning? If you didn't consider yourself lucky! I know in the past they talked about turning the meeting rooms into suites but I guess that idea is on hold.

Archived