Do you know the name of this frozen drink?

oceancruiser1

My Hubby and I had this fantastic frozen drink when we were on a resort in Punta Cana a few years ago. Of course, neither one of us can remember the name. I can tell you that it tasted alot like an orange creamsicle. You know those ice cream treats that we had when we were kids. We have talked about it since and would love to see if we could get it on board when we cruise in a couple of weeks.

My Hubby and I had this fantastic frozen drink when we were on a resort in Punta Cana a few years ago. Of course, neither one of us can remember the name. I can tell you that it tasted alot like an orange creamsicle. You know those ice cream treats that we had when we were kids. We have talked about it since and would love to see if we could get it on board when we cruise in a couple of weeks.

I think its called exactly what you said "orange creamsicle". I've had them before at a local restaurant and they did taste just like them and thats what they were called.

I'm sure any good bartender would know exactly what your talking about and will be able to make it.

Well it seems like there are 2 variations, do you know if the drink had rum or vodka?

I've attached the receipes:

Oh yeah they are calling it an Orange Dreamsicle

Ingredients:

1/2 oz vodka or orange vodka

1/2 oz Triple Sec

1 oz orange juice

1 oz cream

DirectionsL

Fill a mixing cup with 1/2 way with ice. Shake all ingredients well and strain into a cocktail glass. Use a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead of cream & ice, and you’ve got a Dreamsicle. Serve in a large stem or hurricane glass

or

2 oz. Rum, coconut

Fill with, 2/3 Orange Juice

1 puff Whipped cream

I hope that helps:)

Well it seems like there are 2 variations, do you know if the drink had rum or vodka?

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Triple Sec

1 oz orange juice

1 oz cream

DirectionsL

Fill a mixing cup with 1/2 way with ice. Shake all ingredients well and strain into a cocktail glass. Use a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead of cream & ice, and you’ve got a Dreamsicle. Serve in a large stem or hurricane glass

or

2 oz. Rum, coconut

1 puff Whipped cream

Thanks, it might be the second one listed... they didn't call it a dreamsicle though.... and it was put into a blender with ice.... I don't think they'd have whipped cream at the bars on board but maybe regular cream would work? Going to write down the recipe and see if they'll make it for us.

TGI Fridays makes a pre-packaged drink called Frozen Orange Dream. It comes in a bottle (usually a handle) with the alcohol already mixed in. All you do is pour it into a blender, add ice, and viola... It's very tasty.

You can find it in the liquor department of most grocery stores.

Bob

TGI Fridays makes a pre-packaged drink called Frozen Orange Dream. It comes in a bottle (usually a handle) with the alcohol already mixed in. All you do is pour it into a blender, add ice, and viola... It's very tasty.

You can find it in the liquor department of most grocery stores.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I'll look for it when we go down to Florida and bring some home.:)

No freakin way! Get out of my head! I just asked this like an hour ago on another thread!!

Did you stay at the Majestic? If so it was called the Majestic. There was a thread on Trip Advisor on how to make them.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Triple Sec

1 oz orange juice

1 oz cream

DirectionsL

or

2 oz. Rum, coconut

1 puff Whipped cream

the first one is correct and you can get it frozen as well

If it was at the Majestic this is what Richard who works there says it is made out of (This was copied and pasted from Tripadvisor)

"The Majestic Drink is made from orange, pineapple, grenadine and coconut cream, and if you suggest we can add alcohol to it!!"

No freakin way! Get out of my head! I just asked this like an hour ago on another thread!!

Did you stay at the Majestic? If so it was called the Majestic. There was a thread on Trip Advisor on how to make them.

LOL.... yes, I saw your post afterwards and was thinking that was too weird, that we were both thinking about the same thing at vitually the same time. No, we stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort... I'll have to look for the thread on TA and write down the recipe too... we are leaving in a couple of weeks and can't wait, I'll ask bartender to try and make it for us... might be fun to try all the different variations of the recipe and see which one is the closest.:D

Archived