Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

I'm totally amazed that they got the ship upright in one day.

You can really see how much of the ship was underwater from the dark section on the front of the ship. Not much in cabins or cabin safes would be worth saving after that much time underwater. None of our cabin safes have ever had watertight seals.

Add me to the list of lurkers glued to this thread all day. I wonder if they accounted for both dents in the ship when they came up with this plan.

Thats a huge dent in front and I dont know how to describe the one in the rear.

I heard a Canadian company, 2G Robotics, interviewed on the radio this morning that will be doing underwater scanning and I guess above water of the newly exposed side to then translate the info for the next attachments.

Ladies & Gentlemen

That's it. Costa Concordia is safely on the platform.

Can I take this opportunity to thank you all for seeing me through this momentous event.

I have to thank the survivors of the disaster, all of you who contributed to the thread today and all you who came to have a look.

There has been over 11000 views today which must be some sort of record.

Thanks to Nick Sloane and his team for their wonderful work.

With that its night night God Bless, my bed awaits.

Ladies & Gentlemen

Can I take this opportunity to thank you all for seeing me through this momentous event.

I have to thank the survivors of the disaster, all of you who contributed to the thread today and all you who came to have a look.

Thank you for all your work. It was great sharing this with you and everyone else here. You deserve that good sleep. I am not far behind..:)

Ladies & Gentlemen

Good ni, eerrr, good morning. Get some rest now.

Fox, yes, I too thought about Cheng. Sorry he wasn't with us today but hope he was in a port somewhere to see some of this.

I'm totally amazed that they got the ship upright in one day.

You can really see how much of the ship was underwater from the dark section on the front of the ship. Not much in cabins or cabin safes would be worth saving after that much time underwater. None of our cabin safes have ever had watertight seals.

Some good pieces of jewelry could be in those safes.

I know prior to this disaster I always had pieces that I stored in the safe. Not that I think there could be another Captain out there that would be as stupid as this one was but the truth is, "ship" happens on board. I don't travel that way any longer.

just heard about 5 horn blasts from the live feed, followed by lots of cheers and applause.

amazing feat of engineering.

Totally amazing....I was in disbelief when I heard the horn. I've been totally riveted to the feed at work today and when I got home from work. The engineering work is totally phenomenal!

Should be interesting to see some aerial pictures of the ship now that she's upright. I want to see how crushed-in those damaged areas on the starboard side are.....and a view from straight above should tell a lot.

When light breaks, we are going to be able to see a lot better....hopefully, some of the news programs will have coverage tomorrow morning.

Ladies & Gentlemen

Thank you so much. I've been watching all day.

Thanks for your recommendation BTW MM - still haven't been to bed yet. Though I am running on fumes but that's ok. Ya don't get to watch history every day.

I am so glad that so many stayed. It has been an amazing event and a joy sharing it with all of you.

Clive, I switched from coffee to ale, but it's 10:30 PM here, so I don't have to eat the whiskey and cornflakes.:D

My heart goes out to all those impacted by this disaster.

Wonder how full the Blister tanks are - or if they have been emptied. Given the extent of the damage from the forward grounding - which appears to be catastrophic - it seems to me that there should be more support under the front of the ship. The forward-most platform would be right at that damaged area, and I don't know that there's grout bags in front of the platform because of the drop-off in the sea bed. Perhaps that's where an empty blister comes along and provides the upward force at this stage, acting like a cervical collar.