Meals on board while in ports

Grandcruisevirgin

At least one buffet will be open and if your ship has it, the International Cafe.

You should always be able to find something to eat on the ship, regardless of where you are or what time it is.

Recently, Princess changed MDR policy so that it they are no longer open for lunch during port days. Individual ships/itineraries have some discretion and can change it, but for the most part, they won't be open for lunch.

If you're on board in a port & it's mealtimes, are there meals? In a few ports, I'm only doing half day excursions. Should I plan on eating on shore?

You can always eat on the ship. The Horizon Court will be open, plus pizza and the grill - watch the Patters for specific times for what venue is open.

If you're on board in a port & it's mealtimes, are there meals? In a few ports, I'm only doing half day excursions. Should I plan on eating on shore?
The nice thing about Princess is that the buffet has a wide variety of food available from very early in the morning until late at night. You can come back from a morning tour and have anything from a salad to roast beef to pasta, etc. plus the grill and pizza not to mention room service.

On other cruiselines (HAL and Celebrity that I know of), the buffet closes at 2pm or has very limited offerings. Not so on Princess. :)

Archived