1/21 Liberty Retailer Therapy 2.0 Cruise – Trip n Ship Report

BSQ

Great review BSQ....but then again once you hang with Froufie I would expect nothing less.:D;).

I really enjoyed the pics and the little tid bits of information. Great Job!!!

Aww gee, thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed the pics and story.

Thanks for the great review. Me and my best friend are going in July. It will be our 2nd cruise. The 1st one was to Alaska on Holland America.

Glad you enjoyed it! I think you've picked a great ship to sail on. :) Hope it will be a lil less humid on your trip, than when I sailed her in July 08.

I've seen some of your posts about the adults only Serenity area, adult only pools. My question is how many pools are there? Which of them allow kids in them? It looks like there is a main pool and then a pool at the waterslide and another? on the other side of the main pool?

Just checking. thanks

I've seen some of your posts about the adults only Serenity area, adult only pools. My question is how many pools are there? Which of them allow kids in them? It looks like there is a main pool and then a pool at the waterslide and another? on the other side of the main pool?

Just checking. thanks

Ummm, I can't really say for sure. When I use a pool area, it's the adults only pool, otherwise I'm in the Serenity Area (which is probably why I usually write about them. :))

From memory, the Adults Only pool is the Aft Pool on Lido Deck. It's not totally kid free since it's adjacent tot he pizza area and an ice cream machine. There's two hot tubs back here.

Mid ship is the main pool with the two new bars on each side. Up a few stairs is the is another smallish pool and I think there were two hot tubs near here.

There were a couple hot tubs on the top level of the serenity deck, and there is no pool in the Serenity area. Though it's a short walk to the water slide to end up in a pool :D

I was cold most of the time on my cruise, and had too many other things to do so I didn't spend any time actually using the pools, and the times I laid out for sun, I used the secret deck in front of my stateroom.

sorry I don't have all the little particulars for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy to be of help! I know you'll enjoy the ship n ports!

I can't thank you enough for the pictures and reviews of the islands. Seven of us are going January 19, 2013 to the same islands and this helps. I will be sure to show the rest of my family that is going the photos. :))

• 2 months later...
There is a lot of misinformation floating around these forums about this cabin, so here you have it from someone who has slept in it. Although the carnival website only listed the bed configuration as two twins that cannot convert – contrary to what I’ve read on this message board, the beds are not bolted to the floor.

When I arrived, the beds were in the twin bed configuration.

2342481670102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

My steward IWaylan converted the beds to the King configuration the second day

2636954490102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

There is a pole in the room by the closets. Originally, I’d packed some glow bracelets to tape to it so I wouldn’t run into it at night. That wasn’t necessary.

2423080150102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

Yeah, there’s probably some stories here.

More of the room …

2356854880102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

You could see the ocean when we were actually sailing. From the outside, people can’t see in during the day, but at night if you have a light on, you see inside the cabin. Thing is, very few people were even on that deck other than at sail ways and one sea day.

2011112330102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you sooo much for your FANTASTIC review!! My husband and I are sailing on the Liberty in 9 days on the same itinerary, and actually in the same room. I freaked out yesterday when I saw on the website that the beds don't convert and it didn't look like we were going to be able to switch rooms. THANK YOU for putting that concern to rest!! You review and pictures has me more excited than ever!!!

You're welcome! We had a mini freak out over it too! I'd even double checked with Carnival's Tweeps and got the same response as what's on their deck plans.

It's a great location, hope you enjoy it was much as I did! Enjoy your cruise, the Liberty is a great ship.

• 1 month later...
There is a lot of misinformation floating around these forums about this cabin, so here you have it from someone who has slept in it. Although the carnival website only listed the bed configuration as two twins that cannot convert – contrary to what I’ve read on this message board, the beds are not bolted to the floor.

When I arrived, the beds were in the twin bed configuration.

2342481670102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

My steward IWaylan converted the beds to the King configuration the second day

2636954490102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

There is a pole in the room by the closets. Originally, I’d packed some glow bracelets to tape to it so I wouldn’t run into it at night. That wasn’t necessary.

2423080150102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

Yeah, there’s probably some stories here.

More of the room …

2356854880102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

You could see the ocean when we were actually sailing. From the outside, people can’t see in during the day, but at night if you have a light on, you see inside the cabin. Thing is, very few people were even on that deck other than at sail ways and one sea day.

2011112330102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

I noticed in your review you said you had cabin 1004, obstructed view. We also have an obstructed view, and I was curious about the twins being able to be moved to a king. I looked on the Liberty deck plan and I do not see a 1004 on the deck plan...did you perhaps have 1204? We have 6206 booked and found out after we booked it that it's a HC room. We would really like a king bed, so don't know whether to switch to another room or take our chances with this one (understanding of course, we could be bumped if a HC person needs the room, which is fine).

I take it your cabin was not HC? I wonder if it is just the HC rooms that have the beds bolted to the floor?

Thanks again.

I noticed in your review you said you had cabin 1004, obstructed view. We also have an obstructed view, and I was curious about the twins being able to be moved to a king. I looked on the Liberty deck plan and I do not see a 1004 on the deck plan...did you perhaps have 1204? We have 6206 booked and found out after we booked it that it's a HC room. We would really like a king bed, so don't know whether to switch to another room or take our chances with this one (understanding of course, we could be bumped if a HC person needs the room, which is fine).

I take it your cabin was not HC? I wonder if it is just the HC rooms that have the beds bolted to the floor?

Thanks again.

Ok, I found your cabin. I was looking on Deck 1, duh...then I read later you were on deck 10. Your cabin is in the same exact location as ours on deck 6, so I am hoping we have the same configuration and the beds can be moved. I won't even mind the pole:). Was your cabin classified as HC too? I know some people get their panties in bunch when people book HC cabins, but we really had no idea until we got the e-mail confirmation from Carnival. No where on the deck plan does it indicate this is a HC cabin.

Thanks again!!

Ok, I found your cabin. I was looking on Deck 1, duh...then I read later you were on deck 10. Your cabin is in the same exact location as ours on deck 6, so I am hoping we have the same configuration and the beds can be moved. I won't even mind the pole:). Was your cabin classified as HC too? I know some people get their panties in bunch when people book HC cabins, but we really had no idea until we got the e-mail confirmation from Carnival. No where on the deck plan does it indicate this is a HC cabin.

Thanks again!!

I'd suggest googling Carnival Liberty 6206 and you'll probably be able to find pictures of that exact cabin. I did that long before I was on the ship and knew the beds pushed together contraty to the info on this forum and Carnival's website.

All the Accessible rooms are marked on the deckplans. You might have just missed or overlooked the symbol and warning prior to booking.

• 2 months later...
Loved your review as we leave in 16 days!!!

Where did you take your grand Turk sign photo?

It's been a long day, so please forgive me if my reply doesn't answer your question.

If you mean the picture looking towards the island, that was taken at sunset as we were leaving. I was standing on deck 10 forward (yeah , the secret part), looking at the pier. If you mean the stingray one on my door sign, that was on Carnival's reef n rays excursion.

Secret deck picture is the one I meant. How do I find said deck???

LOL, got it. I should have known that's the one you meant. You ge tto deck 10 forward - kinda like you're going to the SPA, but one deck lower. If you've riddden the elevator to this deck, get off and walk down one of the room corridors - either port or starboard, but keep heading forward. when you run into the rooms that are along the very forward wall turn towards the outside of the ship (to the right if you are on starboard side, to the left if you are on port side), you'll see a door it may have a sign cautioning about high winds on it. Open it, and there'll be another door. Open that one and you are on the deck that I have in my pictures.

Loved your review! I feel like I was there with you and cannot wait until we sail her in 98 days and a wake-up. lol. I cannot wait to try Alchemy and all of the other 2.0 upgrades.

:D

OMG! I sail her again the week right after you. Hope you enjoy all the 2.0 fun!!

OMG! I sail her again the week right after you. Hope you enjoy all the 2.0 fun!!

Damn...it would have been great if you were cruising the same week as us...I could use a drinking buddy. lol.

I promise to keep the ship in tiptop shape for you. ;)

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the great review of the Liberty. We will be sailing next March on the same itinerary as you. Please don't think all Canadians are like OBC - some of us are really nice and respectful of other travellers. :)

Thanks for the great review of the Liberty. We will be sailing next March on the same itinerary as you. Please don't think all Canadians are like OBC - some of us are really nice and respectful of other travellers. :)

Haha! no worries! Some of the most fun cruisers I've met are from Canada. OBC was definitely a one-off (waaaay off)

Archived