1/21 Liberty Retailer Therapy 2.0 Cruise – Trip n Ship Report

BSQ

Thanks for the great review and pictures. It worries me a little about the water being too cold, but wondering if it could be because you are from Florida???? The pics show people in the water so if anyone you talked to got in the water did they also think it was too cold?

I was there, and from Virginia. It wasn't warm by know means. Some would call it refreshing. Lots of people were swimming. It took a little bit getting used to and you were fine. But I wouldn't say it was told cold.

Thanks for the great review and pictures. It worries me a little about the water being too cold, but wondering if it could be because you are from Florida???? The pics show people in the water so if anyone you talked to got in the water did they also think it was too cold?

I was the crazy one in our group who actually spent time in the water. It was chilly getting in but I adjusted quickly and thought it was not bad after that. I did wear a long sleeve rash guard, though, which may have helped with some warmth. I sunburn way too easily without it.:p

I was in the water in all the ports - HMC was 'refreshing' but okay once you got in - all the other ports were just fine (in fact in Grand Turk the ocean was way warmer than the Margaritaville pool) - but then again I'm coming from Canada (with minus 0 temps) - nuff said! :D:D

I'm back from the Libertys! Here's my photo album for you to enjoy. Unlike MooMoo's I have it organized all nice n pretty. Moo!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3236902804165.162412.1314589266&type=1&l=257a209c26

You can also follow me on Twitters ... @RoamingCow

I have to go now, BYE!

Hi .Great review !! And Pics!! I'm booked for the Liberty on 3/10/12 on the Lido deck (inside) I have the option to get cabin #1004 for 40pp more.I know it is a handicapped room .I am traveling with my 15 yr old son (both of us are Platinum) ..we would like to have the extra room... when did they let you know this cabin would be your's ?Since it was a handicapped ??? I just realized that maybe you got this cabin for that very reason ..please let me know :)

I do think the temps are relative to where you are from. I have been in North Florida just over two years, and while we do get some winter, it doesn't get too far below freezing for very long. As I write, I've yet to turn on my heater this year. Prior to living here I lived in Southern CA for two years. I am definitely a cold weather wimp. I was cold most of the time on the ship.

I described the ocean temps to a friend of mine as "an unheated resort pool in Cancun after it's rained for two days". While I got used to it in HMC, if I was in too long I would start getting goose bumps.

I was in the water in all the ports - HMC was 'refreshing' but okay once you got in - all the other ports were just fine (in fact in Grand Turk the ocean was way warmer than the Margaritaville pool) - but then again I'm coming from Canada (with minus 0 temps) - nuff said! :D:D

Exactly. I stuck my feet in the water in Grand Turk, and while it was warmer to me, it was still too cold for me to enjoy and extended swim.

Hi .Great review !! And Pics!! I'm booked for the Liberty on 3/10/12 on the Lido deck (inside) I have the option to get cabin #1004 for 40pp more.I know it is a handicapped room .I am traveling with my 15 yr old son (both of us are Platinum) ..we would like to have the extra room... when did they let you know this cabin would be your's ?Since it was a handicapped ??? I just realized that maybe you got this cabin for that very reason ..please let me know :)

Sorry, I can't really answer this question. I had picked this cabin a year in advance. I didn't book it for the extra room. In fact we considered not booking it because we were told the beds wouldn't convert.

We were on this cruise as well. Loved every second, even the cold water since I am from MN. We swam at every port execpt San Juan. We did the segway tour in San Juan and highly recommend it-it was a great day. Deck parties were fantastic. The ship was a bit rocky at times but didnt bother any of us at all. I will have to say that the staff on the Liberty really made it a cruise to remember-everyone was so friendly.....

Wow what a great review of a great cruise i enjoyed all of the new 2.0 upgrades and really enloyed crusing with yall karl with a k was by far the best CD i have ever sailed with and i have one last thing to add i miss Gabar lol hope we get to sail again with yall soon

I have a friend who booked a handicap room only because his parents were up there in age and he felt that sometimes they may need a little help in the restroom. He was told at the time of booking that there may be a chance that his parents would have to change cabins if someone who is in a wheelchair needs a cabin. A month before the sailing they were called and offered another cabin at a discount which was applied to OBC. Hope this helps.

OceanDreams

Loving your review!! Just a quick question: Was the comedian Jorge Solano the same Jorge Solano who was a CD with Carnival? He said he wanted to "branch out" when he retired - I wonder if this is what he meant!!:)

What is the purple drink you had a picture of.....think it was from the Alchemy Bar?

if you mean the light purple one that is on the left of the martini sampler, that is the Radical Cure = Tanqueray Gin, Lavender Essence, Fresh Lime Juice, and Marischino Liqueur. It was the only one I wasn't wild about. Tasted too much like my pillow spray. :D

Loving your review!! Just a quick question: Was the comedian Jorge Solano the same Jorge Solano who was a CD with Carnival? He said he wanted to "branch out" when he retired - I wonder if this is what he meant!!:)

I don't know. I don't recall him mentioning anything about that.

I could be wrong, but I think that was a berritini.

Hmmm, that might be. But I didn't think I ordered one of those. I tried to match my pictures to my receipts. I think Froufie has the right idea!

I think we should have to go BACK ON the Liberty and visit the Alchemy Bar once more to be certain of the name of this drink! All in the name of research and helping others out of course! :D:D

Agreed! In the name of research, I think we should!

I LOVE In-N-Out (that's what a hamburger's all about!) My dad lived in So Cal when I was a kid and I spent all my summers out there.

:D. Even now when I go back home I HAVE to get an In-N-Out a few times within the week! Ya jusgotta!

Some After Thoughts

Back at work now, when people ask me how I liked my vacation, my only reply is that it was wonderful. I, who is never short on words, find I am having a difficult time pining down just what it was that made this vacation so memorable. The vibe on the ship was definitely different from any other I'd been on. I think the FunShip 2.0 upgrades did enhance the on board experience. Karl with a K's energy is infectious. The Staff and Crew of the Liberty seemed so happy to be there, and enjoying their jobs. Every person I had the opportunity to chat with, or hug, was a pleasure to meet.

My full photo album is linked in my signature. I just let the camera urp into webshots, so the album isn't very organized and pictures aren't titled.

and now a word from my M5, my Cow.

I completely agree with your afterthoughts. I am at a bit of a loss for words for why exactly this cruise was so much better than the last two I was on (nothing compares to your first cruise though). I have loved all 4 cruises I have taken but this one was just a bit more exceptional and I can't pinpoint why. Although my husband and I ate early seating dinner so missed out a bit on some of the roll call activities (seemed to barely make it to Alchemy early enough to share much mixology time with you all before you left for dinner) it was fun at least putting faces with the names (or screen names in this case).

Had a wonderful time meeting people and trying a few new things I had not yet done, like Behind the Fun tour. If I get a chance during my work training the next few weeks I will try to do a review too, but have really enjoyed re-living the cruise through BSQ, M5 and Froufie so far. I can't believe it was only last weekend I was flying home after a lovely week on the Liberty. Sure did love that ship!

It is in your online webshot pics - page 19 image nbr 0274

thanks!

ok, so after cross referencing this with my facebook drink album where I matched up my drinks in order on the camera to my beverage receipts, I have that one labeled as "40 is the new 20" I think it just looks more purple than the actual drink because of the lighting and my flash being off. (It's actually the same drink as the next one in the album, the flash was on for that one, hence the lighter color). This particular drink, was one of my favs. However, I probably need to go back to the ship and ask Gabor to mix me up one of everything purple - just so I can be sure. :D

I completely agree with your afterthoughts. I am at a bit of a loss for words for why exactly this cruise was so much better than the last two I was on (nothing compares to your first cruise though). I have loved all 4 cruises I have taken but this one was just a bit more exceptional and I can't pinpoint why. Although my husband and I ate early seating dinner so missed out a bit on some of the roll call activities (seemed to barely make it to Alchemy early enough to share much mixology time with you all before you left for dinner) it was fun at least putting faces with the names (or screen names in this case).

Had a wonderful time meeting people and trying a few new things I had not yet done, like Behind the Fun tour. If I get a chance during my work training the next few weeks I will try to do a review too, but have really enjoyed re-living the cruise through BSQ, M5 and Froufie so far. I can't believe it was only last weekend I was flying home after a lovely week on the Liberty. Sure did love that ship!

Glad we had the opportunity to meet up a few times through out the cruise!

Luv, Luv, Luv this review. Can't wait to try out the drinks-they look delicious. I have also reserved a cabana at HMC and am so looking forward to it.

Again, thanks for enjoyable reading. You are too funny!!:D:D

Thanks so much! I don't even like the beach - all that sand and salt water ... bleah! I loved having the Cabana! I'm sure you'll love the ship and ports!

ok, so after cross referencing this with my facebook drink album where I matched up my drinks in order on the camera to my beverage receipts, I have that one labeled as "40 is the new 20" I think it just looks more purple than the actual drink because of the lighting and my flash being off. (It's actually the same drink as the next one in the album, the flash was on for that one, hence the lighter color). This particular drink, was one of my favs. However, I probably need to go back to the ship and ask Gabor to mix me up one of everything purple - just so I can be sure. :D

Glad we had the opportunity to meet up a few times through out the cruise!

Thanks so much! I don't even like the beach - all that sand and salt water ... bleah! I loved having the Cabana! I'm sure you'll love the ship and ports!

I'm with you - we just need to go back and have Gabor make us more drinks to try! :D I am missing my Dark and Stormys this week. Tried to make one at home this past week and used a Cruzan Black Strap rum instead of Goslings and a different kind of ginger beer. Yuck. Tasted nothing like the yummy ones on the ship!

Another gathering coordinated through the roll call, I made teatime on the first sea day. This was the first time I’d “done tea” on a sailing. I liked it! Froufie – I thoroughly enjoyed having tea with you and the girls! It was a perfect afternoon. I had a mint tea that I really liked. I should have paid better attention to it so I could buy it at home. I’m not really Miss Observant.

2361625460102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

2003043560102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

Tea time was a great. I really had a lot of fun with the group. Bigelow is the brand name for the tea.

Tea time was a great. I really had a lot of fun with the group. Bigelow is the brand name for the tea.

thanks! I think I had Chamomile Mint. All I remember is the package was yellow, it was caffeine free and Minty. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived