March Break

Rako20

The University of Missouri's Spring Break is the last week of March. My suggestion to you is to book a 7 night cruise. Since it cost more, there will be less students. Or do what we are doing, Fly to San Juan and cruise the Southern Caribbean. Most students go to ports they can drive to and prefer the 3 - 5 day cruises because of cost.

Spring break doesn't necessarily mean "wild parties" (unless you're on a 3-4 nighter!)...it means there will be lots of families aboard.

It's nothing to concern yourself about....the ships sail pretty much full all the time, anyway. If you don't want to "party"...don't! Very simple! There's plenty to do for everyone's tastes!

Reposting what I posted on a similar thread earlier this month:

Estimated 2012 College spring break statistics from tripsmarter dot com (they actually break it down by university in case you want to cruise with alums and show off your school colors:)):

2/20 - 226,453

2/27 - 250,173

3/5 - 1,627,713

3/12 - 1,003,165

3/19 - 1,269,073

3/26 - 494,638

4/2 - 102,224

I am 42. My wife is 33. We cruise the Monarch in March once... we were the old couple on board... the kids were polite, but I got a little tired of being called "sir" after awhile. You see people being sick in the most inopportune places more often than at other times.... and there is noise all night long... and forget about getting anywhere near the pool deck or in the pool on sea days....

I won't go in March again.

We always Cruise March/April time frame and have never had a problem with wild crazy college parting or unruly younger kids. We either book 14 plus day Cruises or B2B 7 day Cruises. I've heard the shorter Cruises attract more families and college students.

Archived