what is cheaper, taxi or princess transportation

decibel123

I'm going in April, so I've been researching it...

Taxi is cheapest. The rates are regulated. About $19 from the airport to Pan Am pier, plus around $1/bag fee. 20-25 minute ride.

Princess transfers are about $19 per person, each way.

And yes, Puerto Rico, being part of the United States, accepts United States dollars.

Enjoy your cruise!

Here's a CruiseCritic thread from about a year ago with some info that might help.. Make sure to follow the link to the "Getting Around by Taxi" site; lots of good info there.

Cab Fares from various cruise terminals to airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Can't recall offhand how much the Princess transfers are in SJ, but know know in many ports they're more affordable than a taxi.

Also, remember that Puerto Rico is a US Territory and, therefore, uses US currency.

Happy cruising!

A Princess transfer not only gets you to the pier, but it gets your luggage handled from airport to stateroom. Trumps the lower price of a taxi any day.

Like the saying goes different strokes for different folks. For me it isn't about the cost. I have no problem taking my luggage from baggage claim to the waiting taxis. They load them into the truck, we hop inside, and away we go. Luggage comes out of the truck and into the hands of a porter! No checking in. No waiting in a mass for the Princess people to lead the line out to the bus. No sitting on the bus waiting for it to fill. No mass exit and rush to the check in line. You take the bus.....I'll take a cab!

I'm going in April, so I've been researching it...

Taxi is cheapest. The rates are regulated. About $19 from the airport to Pan Am pier, plus around $1/bag fee. 20-25 minute ride.

Princess transfers are about $19 per person, each way.

And yes, Puerto Rico, being part of the United States, accepts United States dollars.

Enjoy your cruise!

Don't forget the tip... We paid $26-$30 each way for taxi with 3 bags and gratuity. Total for 2 of us.

There are always people arriving for cruises and the taxi's hold up to 5 people. Cab fare is per cab, not person, so in my book, it's much more cost effective to take the cab. Figure you get two couples going to the ship...cab fare would run about $5.75 per person (including your bag) plus tip as compared to the $19 Princess is charging. Worth it for me to schlep my bag a few feet in the terminal.

Just my .02;)

Archived