Beds on Pearl

Proudmom1120

It has been awhile since I have been on Norwegian. Can anyone tell me how comfortable the beds are on the Pearl since I will be going on her later this year. When I was on Norwegian in the past I needed an egg crate to help make the bed more comfortable. I'm hoping they upgraded the bedding.

Thanks for any input you give me.;)

It has been awhile since I have been on Norwegian. Can anyone tell me how comfortable the beds are on the Pearl since I will be going on her later this year. When I was on Norwegian in the past I needed an egg crate to help make the bed more comfortable. I'm hoping they upgraded the bedding.

Thanks for any input you give me.;)

Please explain how an "EGG CRATE" would make your bed more comfortable

Asking your room steward for an egg crate mattress pad is pretty standard. Most find the bed to be pretty good. If it is not to your satisfaction, talk to your room steward. Our last two cruises, we have found the standard mattress to be just fine.

Last time we sailed with NCL was on the Gem in an aft suite. That bed hands down was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I wanted to take it and the coffee maker that was in the room home with me. :D Not sure if the mattresses for the suites are different than non-suite rooms. Or if anything has changed since we last sailed with them a few years ago.

Like those above we always sleep like babies on NCL cruises. The white coverlets and sheets are so soft and comfy. We usually ask for egg crates and they put them on the first night. Leaving a $20 early in the cruise generally assures that your stewarts will be more than happy to get you whatever you need.

I'm not sure if all the beds are the same or if the differ by category. Our last 2 NCL cruises we have sailed on the Pearl in the Courtyard Villa category.

We loved the mattresses so much we actually peeled back the bedding to see what it was. Matermoll (sp?) which we found is made in Italy only for the cruise line.

We found ours to be quite comfortable but again, I'm not sure if the mattresses on the entire ship are the same.

I'm not sure if all the beds are the same or if the differ by category. Our last 2 NCL cruises we have sailed on the Pearl in the Courtyard Villa category.

We loved the mattresses so much we actually peeled back the bedding to see what it was. Matermoll (sp?) which we found is made in Italy only for the cruise line.

We found ours to be quite comfortable but again, I'm not sure if the mattresses on the entire ship are the same.

So did you buy one? How much did it cost and was the freight included?:eek:

So did you buy one? How much did it cost and was the freight included?:eek:

No, we couldn't purchase one. After a lot of research we found the mattresses are only made in Italy and only for the cruise line, NCL, to be exact.

At least that was the status as of 2010.

Archived