Rita's Fiesta on Allure - Worth it?

Our Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle group went to Rita's Fiesta on our Allure cruise. We enjoyed spending time with the group. The appetizers and drinks were great however, the dinner wasn't very good.

We would do it again for the group experience but if you're looking for a quality meal I'd pass.

We did it in June and it was alot of fun. I agree the food wasn't great but it's worth the price just for the drinks :D It's a party atmosphere - very loud, they do a conga line, dance contest, etc. They give you sombreros to wear and it's just a fun thing to do. I would do it again. ;)

Just curious, are the sombreros yours to keep? I can't imagine "borrowing" and wearing someone else's hat... :/ but maybe that's just MHO

A~

Just curious, are the sombreros yours to keep? I can't imagine "borrowing" and wearing someone else's hat... :/ but maybe that's just MHO

A~

We were not allowed to keep the sombreros on the January 3, 2012 sailing. When we received them, we thought they were new and for us to keep. Some of us were not too happy to find out they take them back to reuse. :eek:

There were 27 people in my group and we really enjoyed Rita's Fiesta for our 1st night get together. The food is ok. The price $20 is worth it, because you get 3 drinks (your choice of drinks, not just Margaritas), appetizers, entree and dessert. Loved the chocolate dip churros!

Plus there's music, dancing and lots of fun! Great way to start out a cruise if you're traveling with other people.

When we went you could keep the sombrero but many of us left them behind. Have enough in our suitcases as is. Men were given a sombrero and women were given light up flashing necklaces.

They had fancy sombreros used for the dancing and conga line that you had to give back.

The drinks were very good and mine were very strong so between the drinks, appetizers and desert it's worth it especially if you have a group to go with.

We tried it on the Allure last May. Although the drinks are good, my wife and I probably would not do it again. They put us at a table in the back with a strange couple. We had to share everything- the appetizer, entrees, even the chips and salsa and the couple that was sitting with us kept double dipping :eek:. The service was lacking and since we were sitting in the back we couldn't see any of the entertainment or dancing.

Also the food tasted more like Chinese takeout then Mexican

We had a fun time, but cannot rave about the food. It was fine, but nothing great. We had dinner at Rita's another evening (non-fiesta night) and enjoyed the food much more. As a PP has stated, go for the fun and the "value" of the 3 drinks with the dinner, but don't go for the gourmet. I wrote about our experience in my Allure review - you may find the link in my signature.

:)

Rita's is having problems making money, not only on the Allure, but on the Radiance as well.

I would guess that Royal Caribbean will look for a venue to replace it sometime in the future.

Rick

Really? This doesn't surprise me too much. Rita's was usually pretty busy during the lunch crowd, but it was a ghost time on non-Fiesta nights.

Archived