When will we find out cabin # ?.... booked a guarantee

hawaiideb

Guarantee experts with Spirit knowledge,

We booked an OX guarantee on the Spirit for 3/11. This is our first experience with booking a guarantee and not a specific cabin. There are only 2 of these on the entire ship, so DH thought it would be a safe bet for possibly a full size oceanview window. However, several of us in this house have OCCD (Obsessive Compulsive Cruising Disorder), and are having a hard time waiting for a cabin assignment. When will these usually clear? Will they make final assignments a few days before or when they cut off final last minute bookings? Balconies are showing sold out, and we weren't thinking we'd get that anyway. Do they hold handicapped cabins in each category, or possibly use cabins that are in a "hold" in case of emergencies. I would really like to know more about how this process works, and couldn't find clear answers in a search specific to NCL

Thanks!

Debbie

We booked a BA gty last week for our March 4th sailing and had a room assigned on Thursday... 30 days out from travelling. I was expecting to wait longer, but as I'm also a little OCCD, I was ecstatic to know! We were assigned a B3, which is an "upgrade" supposedly. My parents also booked a BA gty and ended up getting assigned to to the B3 cabin that connects to ours!! What are the odds? We're wondering how awkward that will be. We're hoping sound doesn't travel through that doorway...

Anyways, hopefully you won't have to wait too long!

Have booked gtys several times. Once was quite far out - several months - and got an assignment right away. The closest in was about three days before the cruise. Never waited till pierside.

What category did you book? I see you mentioned that your husband thinks a full ocvw is a "safe bet" but with gtys you just never know. I've had the exact same "category" assigned or gotten a "better" location several decks higher.

It's really a roll of the dice. A good "upgrade" to a higher deck can work out but, as we found out on the recent Gem sailing, there was significantly more vibration aft (we were only maybe 5 cabins from the back).

I've read here of people booking a gty, getting something they don't particularly like, coming here and complaining & calling NCL or their TA to see if they can get it changed. Defeats the purpose of a guaranty.

Hope you get a good assignment - come back and let us know!:)

Based on responses from others, any of the following is possible:

get cabin soon after booking

get cabin a month before you leave

get cabin a week before you leave

get cabin at pier

have cabin changed, more than once

get exactly what you booked

get minor upgrade

get nice upgrade

Bottom line, there does not appear to be any logic in the process. All tied to the number of people booked on your cruise and when it gets sold out or almost full.

Have a great cruise!

have you checked "my NCL"?

I check it frequently when waiting for a gty assignment. Your sailing is fast approaching, so you may be assigned anytime now. Certainly, NCL can wait to assign your cabin until you arrive at the pier, but usually you will have it weeks ahead. I have been reasonably happy with my gty assignments...I hope you like yours.

If handicapped cabins have not been booked by disabled passengers by the final weeks before the cruise, they are released to able-bodied passengers...I have received HC cabins as a gty assignment a couple times in the past. If HC cabins are still available on your sailing you could be assigned one.

What category did you book? I see you mentioned that your husband thinks a full ocvw is a "safe bet" but with gtys you just never know. I've had the exact same "category" assigned or gotten a "better" location several decks higher.

Hawaiideb's husband checking in. We booked an OX which is an oceanview porthole window on Deck 4 of the Norewegian Spirit. From my reading of the deck plans there are only 2 of these on the ship and they are not showing as available cabins any longer.

I do check my NCL a couple of times each day and continue to see we are in an OX guarantee. I sailed in an inside on this ship 6 months ago so the oceanview that we booked will be a great upgrade from my last sailing.

Thanks for all the thoughts and experience you've had with GTY cabins!

hopefully one of these times your cabin assignment will be there when you check my NCL. even a porthole is nicer than an inside in my opinion...at least you get some natural light and a glimpse of water. It looks like there are still a porthole staterooms on decks 4 and 5...probably your most likely assignment, but you never know where they will put you. Have a great cruise.

Archived