chair hog and cooler police should switch jobs

ardt64

We are leaving in just a few days so of course I am spending my time on cruise critic getting preped/excited.

It occured to me that there is a strong consensus that Carnival does not have their employees enforce the chair hog rule nearly enough but G-d forbid you try to bring on a cooler even 1 inch over the limit you are in big trouble. So..... why don't we just have those employees switch jobs, and we the customers will be much more satified.

It's funny you mentioned that.. I was just thinking about the chair hog police.

They should really have the roaming bar waiters take on this. after all an empty chair is a chair that is not a potenial bar customer! Less customers, less tip money for server and less booze money for Carnival.

Setting up and staffing a proper and fair chair usage system would pay for itself in increased drink sales.

We are leaving in just a few days so of course I am spending my time on cruise critic getting preped/excited.

It occured to me that there is a strong consensus that Carnival does not have their employees enforce the chair hog rule nearly enough but G-d forbid you try to bring on a cooler even 1 inch over the limit you are in big trouble. So..... why don't we just have those employees switch jobs, and we the customers will be much more satified.

yup.

carnival choses to enforce only the rules that hit their income line.

if there were fees attached to the chairs, there would certainly be employees policing such, even though the brand ambassador states it's such a hard thing to do.

and yet, rccl handles it just fine, because they work at it.

yup.

carnival choses to enforce only the rules that hit their income line.

if there were fees attached to the chairs, there would certainly be employees policing such, even though the brand ambassador states it's such a hard thing to do.

and yet, rccl handles it just fine, because they work at it.

If there were fees attached to obtaining a chair it would become even more difficult to find an empty (without a towel) chair. After all, if one pays for a chair it's theirs for the whole day? or most would think so.

I remember paying big bucks at a beach in Port Douglas, Australia. Those chairs and umbrella were ours until the sun went down.

This kind of a system would not work on a ship IMO

If there were fees attached to obtaining a chair it would become even more difficult to find an empty (without a towel) chair. After all, if one pays for a chair it's theirs for the whole day? or most would think so.

I remember paying big bucks at a beach in Port Douglas, Australia. Those chairs and umbrella were ours until the sun went down.

This kind of a system would not work on a ship IMO

in the 60's that's the way it used to be. Probably into the 70's as well. your name got attched to the chair for reserve.

I don't understand the hulabaloo about cooler size. I can understand them not wanting some heehaw showing up with a giant motorized hard-shell cooler, but what's the big deal about a soft sided cooler that pretty much looks just like a carry-on but is a few inches larger than the 12x12x12? I have one of the carry-on-lookalike coolers and luckily I've beein able to get on board with it in Tampa and FLL, but I always have the pit in the stomach feeling knowing that a port agent could confiscate it. It's just ridiculous IMO!

Bolt the chairs to the deck and have a box with a light on it. You are required to insert your sail & sign card to sit there. No card anyone can sit there. Leave your card when you get up. Everyone knows who the rule breaker is. Or put sitting meters the same as parking meters.

That won’t happen.

Waiters won’t enforce the chair hog rule. They would rather use their time to try to sell to people they can see.

Bolt the chairs to the deck and have a box with a light on it. You are required to insert your sail & sign card to sit there. No card anyone can sit there. Leave your card when you get up. Everyone knows who the rule breaker is. Or put sitting meters the same as parking meters.

That won’t happen.

Waiters won’t enforce the chair hog rule. They would rather use their time to try to sell to people they can see.

Get up and leave your card? Don't think so.

Get up and leave your card? Don't think so.

Exactly and that is the idea behind the box. If you leave you take your card and the chair is free to someone else...no one is going to leave their card to go take a nap or go have lunch in the MDR, so no way to hog the chair.

It's actually pretty simple. Little 30 minute times. You sit, the timer is deactivated, you get up, it starts...30 minutes it blinks and beeps...CHAIR IS NOW AVAILABLE...proceed to take contents of chair to nearest waste bin!

Archived