Carnival Fascination Review: 6 Toes, Power Outages, and Snow in the Bahamas

Lady_Jag

Fantastic review Laura! Thanks so much for posting. I enjoyed all the pictures too. Looking at all the pictures makes me really hope November comes QUICK so I can get on my next cruise.

Thank you! November will be here before you know it. Anyway, I think the anticipation and planning is part of the fun. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful review. And I am not even sailing on this ship. Your little girl is just precious and I love that she will get up and dance without a care. So cool.

Just a quick question. How did you get such a nifty treat from John H. & Jen? I read his blog and Facebook thingy, so I assume that you do as well.

Great review - makes me excited to go! Can you post this awesome pic in the First Glimpse of the Ship thread?

Thank you. You will have a wonderful time. Thanks for the link, too - I did not know there was such a thread, and will post this pic there.

Wonderful review. And I am not even sailing on this ship. Your little girl is just precious and I love that she will get up and dance without a care. So cool.

Just a quick question. How did you get such a nifty treat from John H. & Jen? I read his blog and Facebook thingy, so I assume that you do as well.

Thank you very much. Alyssa really loves music and dancing, and I try to encourage her to be confident and social as much as I can before the insecure years of adolescence come along. ;)

I do follow John Heald's blog and Facebook page and have been in touch with him several times over the last few years. The treat he sent us this cruise was a sweet surprise. :)

• 1 month later...
well now carnival is pushing jaxport to move the cruise port out further. And jaxport wants to, it's just they cannot find a place to put it. But they want it moved because of all the problems with the bridge clearance, tides around the ft. Caroline curve, and fog which in turn equals lost revenue. And because the terminal that is there now was built in 2003 and was supposed to be temporary. They were going to move it out to mayport (where all the military ships are) but the residents didn't like that idea.

land developers.....don't want it. They want to build expensive condos out there..and block that beach from public use. Like most of the beach.

They own the politicans..and city council.

Sorry..i am screaming. The situation stinks.

But......savannah ga...not so rotten with big time "in siders" has built a new port..and they are panting for carnival to come there. Savannah is beautiful. Close to the beach. Safer.

So...........keep tuned. Jax has to sign a few contract with carnival in a year..they will have to fish or cut line.

I couldn't sleep and came across your trip report late this evening and have been reading it for hours. Hated to see it end even though I will probably never cruise on this ship, but you made it so interesting I loved it. Sorry food and service wasn't great but it sounds like your family didn't let it put a damper on your vacation ! Thanks again for a great TR !!

• 1 month later...

Great review, and great family! Nice job! The Review kind of seemed like a book!

BTW- I see your crusing again in June....just wondering, is any characters from this cruise going with you on your next one, and are you going to post a review, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. :);):D

Great review, and great family! Nice job! The Review kind of seemed like a book!

BTW- I see your crusing again in June....just wondering, is any characters from this cruise going with you on your next one, and are you going to post a review, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. :);):D

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, I will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom for eight days next month with my hubby (Alex) and daughter (Alyssa). Unfortunately, the rest of the fam won't be joining us this time.

I do have plans to write a review after our return, so stay tuned. ;)

Great review I couldnt quit reading,I sat hear and read it outloud to our son JJ who is having trouble sleeping.I believe he is ready to go now.Had a quik question about the parking.Did you feel it was secure and did you hear of any negitives from others,and last would you park their again? We sail on 06/23/2012 our 4 yo JJ first cruise and we are driving in from Texas,we cant wait.Again great review.

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, I will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom for eight days next month with my hubby (Alex) and daughter (Alyssa). Unfortunately, the rest of the fam won't be joining us this time.

I do have plans to write a review after our return, so stay tuned. ;)

I enjoyed your review. We are sailing on the Fascination in two weeks..and we just did 8 days on the Freedom in Feb. We sailed over Valentine's Day. the Freedom is my favorite Carnival ship. We have been on it three times. The Steak House is great. We have tried similar pay restauants on Princess and HAL and would save our money next time. On the Freedom...make your reservation first thing. we ate there twice. For one of the choices at dessert..they serve an apple open tart ..with carmel sauce...and....it is so good. My DH had the Cheese Cake. it was like half a cake.

The ship was clean. The food in the MDR was good. We did not eat the buffet except in the morning..but the Pizza and hot dogs were good. They had that choc. guan. iced cake at the Choc. Buffet. I put some sugared nuts on it..............I still dream of it. They also had a chocolate fountain..Alyssia should love that.

Hoping we enjoy the Fascination. suspecting we will. We enjoyTrivia ..did your family participate?

I loved your review! We are not sailing on this ship, from this port or on this itinerary...but once i started reading it i couldnt stop! ;)

Thank you for reading it! :)

Great review I couldnt quit reading,I sat hear and read it outloud to our son JJ who is having trouble sleeping.I believe he is ready to go now.Had a quik question about the parking.Did you feel it was secure and did you hear of any negitives from others,and last would you park their again? We sail on 06/23/2012 our 4 yo JJ first cruise and we are driving in from Texas,we cant wait.Again great review.

I wouldn't hesitate to park in that lot again, especially after the rest of my family had such a run around at the pier parking lot. I admit I was a little nervous when I first pulled in because I'd never used a park and shuttle lot before. But the place is fenced and gated, so I felt secure.

The trick is to get there early, though, because the lot fills up quickly, and the late arrivals must park in the back behind the main building or in front of the fenced area.

I enjoyed your review. We are sailing on the Fascination in two weeks..and we just did 8 days on the Freedom in Feb. We sailed over Valentine's Day. the Freedom is my favorite Carnival ship. We have been on it three times. The Steak House is great. We have tried similar pay restauants on Princess and HAL and would save our money next time. On the Freedom...make your reservation first thing. we ate there twice. For one of the choices at dessert..they serve an apple open tart ..with carmel sauce...and....it is so good. My DH had the Cheese Cake. it was like half a cake.

The ship was clean. The food in the MDR was good. We did not eat the buffet except in the morning..but the Pizza and hot dogs were good. They had that choc. guan. iced cake at the Choc. Buffet. I put some sugared nuts on it..............I still dream of it. They also had a chocolate fountain..Alyssia should love that.

Hoping we enjoy the Fascination. suspecting we will. We enjoyTrivia ..did your family participate?

thanks for the tips on the Freedom! I'm really looking forward to it!

The only trivia game we did (aside from the one at the PG party) was the TV theme song trivia, which we all enjoyed even though we didn't win. I saw that there were plenty of other Trivia games scheduled throughout the week, though. We just didn't get around to them.

Have a great cruise! It's a nice ship and a lot of fun.

Laura/Lady Jag .....I know this off topic, but how do you have it in your signature where you just click it and it takes you to review.....I only know how to copy and paste the link to the review (like below in my signature).

Sorry for hijacking this thread, not sure where to ask it.

Laura/Lady Jag .....I know this off topic, but how do you have it in your signature where you just click it and it takes you to review.....I only know how to copy and paste the link to the review (like below in my signature).

Sorry for hijacking this thread, not sure where to ask it.

First you need to copy the URL link you want to use from the Address bar in your browser. (Copy each to a Word doc if there's more than one link.)

Second, click "User CP" to get to your control panel, and click the "Edit Signature" link.

In the editor text box, type the text you want to be your link in your siggy, then highlight the text.

Click the [Add link] button (world icon with the chain links), and paste the URL you copied from your Browser's address bar in the pop up box, then click ok.

Repeat for each link you want to add.

First you need to copy the URL link you want to use from the Address bar in your browser. (Copy each to a Word doc if there's more than one link.)

Second, click "User CP" to get to your control panel, and click the "Edit Signature" link.

In the editor text box, type the text you want to be your link in your siggy, then highlight the text.

Click the [Add link] button (world icon with the chain links), and paste the URL you copied from your Browser's address bar in the pop up box, then click ok.

Repeat for each link you want to add.

Thanks! I think it works!

Archived