Flights from London

telboy18

Hi all,

DW and I are booked on a Hawaiian cruise out of San Diego. Does anyone know which airline X use from London to San Diego? BA are the only direct airline. Hopefully it will be them.

Thank you :)

Hi,

Celebrity uses BA but I would expect that non direct flight would be a lot cheaper.

Have a look at typical prices for flights on Expedia.

It is probably wothwhile checking with your TA or Celebrity.

Jim

Hi all,

DW and I are booked on a Hawaiian cruise out of San Diego. Does anyone know which airline X use from London to San Diego? BA are the only direct airline. Hopefully it will be them.

^ My wife & i are thinking of booking a simular cruise although Thomas cook come out cheaper then celebrity(like for like)but it also doesn't say whether the flights are direct or which airline?

BA are coming out the cheapest at the moment although they are direct, unfortunately because we are more than 11 months out, no prices for the actual date can be found. Fingers crossed for BA

I'd book the cruise only and then wait for the flight routing to be issued, and if it suited add it on. I'd never book a cruise without knowing what carrier or route I was taking.

BA are coming out the cheapest at the moment although they are direct, unfortunately because we are more than 11 months out, no prices for the actual date can be found. Fingers crossed for BA

Found the same when checking on expedia earlier BAdirect to San Diego about £635 return as of now,Thomas Cook is about £700 return including transfers so might be the safer option.

BA has the only non stop to and from San Diego to Heathrow. They code share with American and Iberia. It's well worth paying a bit extra to avoid the connection problems and lost time. It will knock off 3 to 5 hours from your travel time.

We normally book flights and cruise separately however with not having 2 days free beforehand we have gone for the package this time. We are hoping for direct flights but there is no guarantee they are doing direct. Be prepared that they may also fly you the day before - check that with your TA.

We asked ours and have confirmed we are flying the day before and they are putting us in a hotel for 1 night. Can't tell us if it is direct or not.

For that non stop to San Diego you must come in a day early. They only have one flight and it gets you to San Diego too late to make the cruise.

I would never risk flying in on the day a cruise departs as there are too many things that can go wrong,much better to arrive the day before & relax before embarking the next day:)

Hi all,

I would highly recommend reading teh cruise air forum, and specifically the "Cruise Air and Air Deviation Explained".

Bottom line;

• it could be any airline,
  • it could be even be different airlines for people traveling the same route
  • most of the time the flights are in consolidator buckets, which means they're not endorseable to another airline if BA have a problem

I used to fly from California to London all the time.... sometimes monthly and sometimes for stays of less than 36 hours.

Here are some tid bits to ponder.

1. never ever buy a ticket from a 3 rd party because you in reality to the ticket,. It is owned by the third party and only they can change it or rquest re-booking..not you Expedia, Priceline etc.... no way. Plus you get no miles !!!

2 If you go BA then request an up grade to their exec coach if the still have it 5 inches more leg room better seats. For this 11 hour flight I reccommend a min of Business class.

3. Flying from LHR it will all be daylight and the jet lag is minimal.. allow about 2 days to adjust. Returning from SAN it will be overnight and rough unless you get a sleeper/business. I would come 3 days before and relax before the cruise...lots to see and do in Sandiego

4. Changing planes once enroute LHR-JFK then JFK-SAN will be easier on tour body if in coach, You get off the plane and breath fresh miost air.If in First to Business beds, then non stop ok.

5 If you have the ability to pick an airline pick United as they offer the best seating , schedules and aircraft form LHR, I avoid American, Delta,

I would highly recommend reading teh cruise air forum, and specifically the "Cruise Air and Air Deviation Explained".

Bottom line;

• it could be any airline,
  • it could be even be different airlines for people traveling the same route
  • most of the time the flights are in consolidator buckets, which means they're not endorseable to another airline if BA have a problem

"Cruise Air" is NOT available in the UK.

Sue

Hi all,

If you have flights included by Celebrity, you should check Flight Information on your confirmation invoice.

If you have a flight reference number, you may be able to log on to checkmytrip.com

If you do not have a reference number, it is likely that Celebrity have not yet mad arrangements for the flight. You should receive an updated invoice once flights have been determined.

Jim

Archived