Dining Hour 1st night of sailing

harrydavid

What would be a good time for dinner if the ship is sailing at *;30 pm. I do not want to miss the muster drill and i would like to be outiside for the sail away.

I think you have to go the muster drill, there's no 'want' about it.

Generally muster occurs shortly before sail-a-way (at least for most itineraries). Muster is mandatory to attend. So the answer to your question simply depends on how long you want to be out on deck for sail-a-way.

Edit: Ignore my post; I see from others you have a late sail-a-way so my post does not apply.

Looking at some of your other posts...I think you are sailing on the Summit...from PR...with a departure time of 830pm...Cruise Critic member jazzbeau recently posted the "Celebrity Todays" for a Summit sailing that occurred on January 28....it shows the Muster was to take place at 5pm....so, if that schedule holds true for your trip...plan on dinner at 630 or so !!

Greetings

With an 8:30 pm sailing time I believe that muster will be held well before sailing. What time is final check-in? The muster will be most likely be held sometime shortly after the final check-in time. As for dinner, if you wait till after sailing it will be very late.

Good Sailing

Tom

Final check in is 7:00PM so it's possible that some will miss muster if it's at 5:00 PM. I know we are a little worried because our flight into San Juan lands at 5:30 PM, close call.

J.

What would be a good time for dinner if the ship is sailing at *;30 pm. I do not want to miss the muster drill and i would like to be outiside for the sail away.

The muster drill was at 5:15 and done intime for early dinner a 6:00. Most of the time we were done with dinner by 7:45. Had plenty of time to get to the Sunset bar and get a table by the rail for the 8:30 sailaway. The last three years the Summit has backed out into the harbor before it turns around and head out.

Archived