AFT facing balcony

thegreens

Aft facing balcony is BEST. I loved that cabin on CB. IMHO you are LESS prone to seasickness because you can view so much of the horizon. We were in extremely rough waters (Hurricane Irene) and I had one moment of "oh no.... Am I getting seasick?" and that was it. I loaded my 13 yo with meclazine as a precaution and then I wondered why he had such a bad attitude and didn't want to do anything. Surprise! "Less Drowsy" means DROWSY.

When you walk into your cabin you will jump for joy at the view. It is just gorgeous. The balconies are usually bigger, too.

The AFT is terrible stay away . Theres no service back there , the air smells funny , its a long walk to everything .

All of these posters are trying to get you to stay away from the mid and forward cabins they like so much.

Its all lies ,, lies I tell you .

Beware , Dont get bit in the AFT ..Deck 5 forward near the anchor is better.

;)

LOLOL....funny you say that........I had the "pleasure" of being on a Carnival ship right near the bow, RIGHT next to the anchor....LOL...this was about 20 cruises ago....learned my lesson !!

I gave up an Aft balcony on deck 9 and upgraded myself to an Aft PH on deck 10 for our cruise last week. After I got off the phone with my PCC at NCL I watched for the cabin to come back in stock and then it was gone within an hour so you gotta be quick!

Can anyone tell me how much bigger the aft balconies are on the NCL boats? Have only had one on RCCL and it was huge...two chairs, two loungers, table. Didn't have to pay more for the aft on RCCL, so I want to make sure there is going to be a considerable difference in size if I'm paying more. I'm specifically looking at the NCL Sky.

Ain't it though??? We just booked an Aft penthouse on the Jewel and CAN'T WAIT!!!

We just stayed in cabin 10666 on the Jewel!! Great cabin!!! We love the AFT Penthouses... DH thinks he'd rather be in one of them than any other cabin, including the Haven.

Can anyone tell me how much bigger the aft balconies are on the NCL boats? Have only had one on RCCL and it was huge...two chairs, two loungers, table. Didn't have to pay more for the aft on RCCL, so I want to make sure there is going to be a considerable difference in size if I'm paying more. I'm specifically looking at the NCL Sky.

Unless you have one of the Aft PH's (slightly deeper on deck 10 on most NCL ships) I don't think you will fit all that on a regular AFT Balcony. The one we looked at over our side barrier last week fit two lounge chairs and a table but putting two upright chairs would have been a tight fit. You could probably do it but there wouldn't be much room to move around.

We just stayed in cabin 10666 on the Jewel!! Great cabin!!! We love the AFT Penthouses... DH thinks he'd rather be in one of them than any other cabin, including the Haven.

We have that same cabin for Alaska in Aug. our friends have the cabin nextdoor and we have 2 other couples in our group that have the 2 aft. Penthouses on the other side of deck 10. We hope to enjoy this cabin, unless they offer us a upsell to the Haven

Hi,

This pic is from ph suite on the aft of the Dawn on deck 10.....the ba aft balcony next to us(now is a m1 cat I think) had the same size balcony.

Sorry never been on the Sky

704264268_Phonepicsthirdbatch089.jpg.b24e98a10952b625eb91a1e6ad91c1d6.jpg

Hi,

This pic is from ph suite on the aft of the Dawn on deck 10.....the ba aft balcony next to us(now is a m1 cat I think) had the same size balcony.

The BA has the same depth balcony as the PH but the width is shorter (not sure by how much).

Hi,

Thanks for the picture...it does appear to be smaller than what I was thinking, although the loungers definitely look very nice! Unfortunately, no plans for the penthouse..LOL..just a regular balcony this time!

LOL at the horrors of an AFT balcony! :D

We had one on Celebrity Eclipse and it was fine. Have one on Epic in 3 days, so this was quite timely. I always thought mid-ship was best for less movement, so it's interesting to hear that may not be so.

Sorry to all the aft balcony afficienados, I need to see where I'm going, not where I've been, even if it means snuggling under a blanket while sailing into a stiff headwind. Nothing like the movement, sights and sounds you get at the front of a ship. :)

Sorry to all the aft balcony afficienados, I need to see where I'm going, not where I've been, even if it means snuggling under a blanket while sailing into a stiff headwind. Nothing like the movement, sights and sounds you get at the front of a ship. :)

I like aft and forward equally well. I do hear you about the headwind. That was the only thing I didn't like about the aft balcony is no wind. I booked aft again because they are the only non-suite balconies big enough for lounge chairs. Are there any ships that have regular balcony cabins forward? I know the Sun has some mini-suites and the rest are full suites.

And thank the good lord there are people like you that love the Bow as much as we Aft'ers like the stern.

where would we be if we all liked the same spot ?

The ship would have to be round with identical views in all directions. :D

@fergusonvt -

I understand your 'no wind' comment. The heat aft must be fearsome in the tropics, especially if the ship is not moving. However, on a TA in spring or fall, steaming along 24/7, that's exactly what one wants. A chair, pillow, blankey and hoody. Ahh.

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

Archived