AFT facing balcony

thegreens

So, I procrastinated and instead of a mid-ship balcony, my only option is AFT facing. I like mid-ship since I'm prone to sea sickness. We're taking the Norwegian Sky. The balcony that's available is AFT facing deck 8. Do you think there will be any issues with sea sickness in that cabin?

So, I procrastinated and instead of a mid-ship balcony, my only option is AFT facing. I like mid-ship since I'm prone to sea sickness. We're taking the Norwegian Sky. The balcony that's available is AFT facing deck 8. Do you think there will be any issues with sea sickness in that cabin?

We just cruised in an AFT PH and found there was a lot less motion than the forward mini we had on first cruise. We loved the aft and will always try to book one if available in the future.

It's simple physics--the farther away from the ship's center of gravity, the more motion there is. We've cruised with aft, mid, and forward cabin--which included a major storm in the North Sea and the outer edge of a hurricane in the North Atlantic--and the difference in motion was nearly impossible to detect between forward and aft. But everyone is different.

Aft cabins rock--figuratively, not literally.

AFT cabins are the way to go... But be advised: you'll become addicted.... :-)

Youse Guys, don't tell everyone about AFT, that's what run the price up!:o

Cliffd64, you sailed Carnival once, and NCL hooked you, huh?:p

We are addicted, and will continue to be, untill all monies are spent!:D

It's simple physics--the farther away from the ship's center of gravity, the more motion there is. We've cruised with aft, mid, and forward cabin--which included a major storm in the North Sea and the outer edge of a hurricane in the North Atlantic--and the difference in motion was nearly impossible to detect between forward and aft. But everyone is different.

Aft cabins rock--figuratively, not literally.

Carnac is correct - the least amount of movement is near the ship's center of gravity (which is about the 40 yard line if you think of a ship like a football field - nearer to the Aft end since the heavier ship's engines are nearer to the Aft). Here's the physics:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_mass

The AFT is terrible stay away . Theres no service back there , the air smells funny , its a long walk to everything .

All of these posters are trying to get you to stay away from the mid and forward cabins they like so much.

Its all lies ,, lies I tell you .

Beware , Dont get bit in the AFT ..Deck 5 forward near the anchor is better.

;)

Youse Guys, don't tell everyone about AFT, that's what run the price up!:o

Cliffd64, you sailed Carnival once, and NCL hooked you, huh?:p

We are addicted, and will continue to be, untill all monies are spent!:D

Yes... First cruise was a traditional cruise on Carnival... Freestyle on NCL grabbed me back in 2002!

The AFT is terrible stay away . Theres no service back there , the air smells funny , its a long walk to everything .

All of these posters are trying to get you to stay away from the mid and forward cabins they like so much.

;)

Oh ya.......don't need an alarm clock on deck 5 near the anchor! lol

;)

Oh yeah, I forgot....

There is soot everywhere...coats the entire balcony area every morning.

They run out of towels before they get to servicing the back of the ship.

So much movement back there, it's like a banana boat ride in the Carribean. You can actually get airborne it's so rough.

Did I mention that these cabins don't have bathrooms but must use a community bathroom assigned to all the aft cabins?

Nope...better cabins are more forward.

;);););) :D

Well, I procrastinated again.. and one day later the only option was to be guarenteed a balcony, but now I haven't a clue where it would be. Darn. Oh well, at least I get to go on a cruise!

Keep watching to see if one will open up. This close to sailing there is still may be movement in cabin assignments due to upgrades offered. One may open up and when it does...call immediately.

Archived