Toys & Snorkel Gear / Which Beach?

huneymoonerz

This will be our 4th cruise (2nd with kids). We are horrible OVER-PACKERS. Should I bring our own beach/sand toys? The kids are almost 4 and almost 2 when we'll take the cruise.

Ports are St. Maarten, Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas.

Also, I'm sending DH ziplining one day. I'll leave my son at babysitting and take DD to the beach with me. Anything within walking distance? I don't want to carry a carseat to the beach!

I would bring some. We took our 3 year old daughter on her first cruise in September and she loved playing with all the sand toys we brought along.

This time around, I am going to make it a little simpler than last time and just bring a pail, shovel and maybe 1 of her things you fill to make a starfish out of sand (the shape). Not as many as before, but either way, she will be happy. :p

At that age, they can "make do" with plastic cups and spoons, so don't bring too many beach toys!

You can pack stuff into the pail...socks, underwear, etc....so that it's not just "empty" space!

Even though I always bring sand toys for our kids, they also love playing with plastic cups on the beach. Plus they love looking for shells and sea critters, playing in the waves...lots of fun to be had at the beach! :)

Archived