The real deal on future certificates

1948buddy

Please tell me if I am right or wrong. I was reading a post about this, and would like to know what the facts are. CCL future certificates used to be good for 5 years, and are refundable. I was told on the Magic in November that you now have 2 years to book , and three years to sail, which means if you book exactly 2 years after you purchased the certificate, you would have to sail within one year of that date, so you really have 3 years all together. Also, posters are saying it must be mailed by certified mail. It is my understanding that you can send it on Carnival's website. Please tell me if this is all correct.

Yes, you can file online. Yes, they were good for 5 years, then 4 years (you missed mentioning this one lol), and now 2 years. Yes you have up to 3 years to sail

Wow, some things have changed since the last time I bought two - 2 yrs ago. I had to mail it in last year's cruise, but was able to scan the second and send it to my TA for this year's cruise.

If memory servers me, I had to book within 2yrs and sail within 3yrs after that.

I'll buy at least one or two more in May. If this thread is still going, I'll give you an updated review. :)

Wow, some things have changed since the last time I bought two - 2 yrs ago. I had to mail it in last year's cruise, but was able to scan the second and send it to my TA for this year's cruise.

If memory servers me, I had to book within 2yrs and sail within 3yrs after that.

I'll buy at least one or two more in May. If this thread is still going, I'll give you an updated review. :)

Update about what? The facts are not in dispute here.

PS I was just on a cruise I got off last weekend .. its not like my info might have had time to get outdated. I even went to the future cruise talk just to see if he had any rumors or anything new to say.

Yes, you can file online. Yes, they were good for 5 years, then 4 years (you missed mentioning this one lol), and now 2 years. Yes you have up to 3 years to sail

Firefly, I have one left that I bought two years ago when they were good for 5 years. It has an expiration date of Feb 2015. I'm assuming that is just the new ones that will expire in two years and that Carnival will continue to honor the expiration date printed on my certificate?

I booked my upcoming Dec. cruise on 1-28-12 with my PVP-I gave him the FCC #, and that's all I had to do with it-received an e-mail from CCL 4 or 5 days later that it was applied to my account-which it was, when I checked-including the OBC:cool:

I turned my FCC in on the online form and it took about 3 weeks but it did show up. At first I had trouble with the online site and I called them and they told me that I was required to mail it in via registered mail. I mentioned the fact that I'd seen others talk about submitting online on Cruise Critic and they changed thier story-lol!

Update about what? The facts are not in dispute here.

PS I was just on a cruise I got off last weekend .. its not like my info might have had time to get outdated. I even went to the future cruise talk just to see if he had any rumors or anything new to say.

Point taken :) I agree, just wanted to be helpful where possible.

I posed this in another thread but no one responded. I scanned the back of my new ones bought in November 2011. I have 2 we are gonna get 2 rooms next time one in my name and one in my wives. The one got in 2009 was good for 5 years. I used Priority mail to get it to them. It was in the system with 1 week.

Anyone ever cancel one of these? When I got them it they told me that I could cancel any time and would be refunded to my credit card. I am not 100% sure I will be cruising before they expire.

2d9u1li.jpg

107nf5u.jpg

Archived