Earliest Visit From The Upgrade Fairy

Marley-Bop

A good question, I think, and my memory is always questionable, I heard of one couple getting an upgrade about 2 months ahead and that was because they had a room that was adjacent to the last handicapped accessible cabin on that cruise and a person who wanted it had another reservation tied to it and they wanted adjacent cabins.

Before we had children we got upgraded to a JS upon check-in at the pier. They gave us our keycard/seapass- we were VERY pleasantly surprised. It was out first Royal cruise and it was awesome. didn't even notice until we got to the cabin that it was not what we had been planning on.:)

:Dfunny

Funny, but apparently much truth to that. I don't mind an upsell fairy if its a bargain. I passed on the JS for only $75 a day when I booked, but if its still open the week before the cruise, I'll bargain with her.

• 2 weeks later...

My upgrade experience was on NCL not RCCL. I got a telephone call about 5 weeks before the sail date. When I saw on caller ID it was NCL when I answered I asked if by chance this was the famous upgrade fairy. The lady laughed and said yes. For about $95 total we were upgraded from an inside to a balcony cabin.

Archived