Carnival to trial allowing you in stateroom by 11AM

CoachT

:)

Want to get on early, am getting off early to make a plane. Rather selfishly- works for me!

Except I was not excited by the boarding at Princess- as you board they direct you immediately to the elevators to get rid of your things. I felt like they were getting me out the way. I would rather be greeted with a funship drink- I don't believe I am onboard until then!

That is funny , becuase I found the way princess did it very refreshing, allowing you to go to your room right away to drop your stuff off then go out and explore

One way to make this happen more easily would be to have a number of part time stewards at the port that would board upon docking and start cleaning rooms. This way each steward would have fewer cabins to clean and they could get it done more quickly. Then those folks leave the ship til it gets back from the next cruise.

Judging from the number of people in line and milling around on the decks in the morning, I think most people leave their cabins fairly early. Those cabins start getting cleaned and then keep moving on to the stragglers cabins.

Also, Galveston may be an early port docking to start with, and this 11:00 schedule may not work at other ports.

I would love to see it be noon as that is when we usually board....

Bob

In Galveston, Carnival is running a trial on Triumph and then on Magic to allow you to be able to go to your stateroom as soon as you can board the ship. The goal is to have them all ready by 11AM.

HAL does this and it is wonderful!

Good luck to them.

Yep! It's great news and we'll be trying it out in a few weeks on the Magic for the Blogger's cruise!

We've been boarding right after 11 AM recently so this should work out great!

I left my cabin for Breakfast, with one carry on bag. After breakfast, I decided to go back to the cabin to use the bathroom & relax before my zone was called.

The stewards were already in the cabin, tearing up the beds!:eek:

Wait so you were mad that they started cleaning your room after you left? :confused: very confused by why that is a bad thing

Yep! It's great news and we'll be trying it out in a few weeks on the Magic for the Blogger's cruise!

We've been boarding right after 11 AM recently so this should work out great!

How long is this being tried out for? we are going on the magic in april will they be doing it then? Also will this effect the carry on limet at all. I have heard that Galveston is very tight about what you can carry on, this kind of thing makes people want to carry on more

How long is this being tried out for? we are going on the magic in april will they be doing it then? Also will this effect the carry on limet at all. I have heard that Galveston is very tight about what you can carry on, this kind of thing makes people want to carry on more

If it works in Galveston the intent is to go fleet wide with it so I'd expect it to continue if the system is successful.

I've sailed from Galveston many times. A few years back they were pretty tight about the size of luggage and such but they've gotten much better in that regard. Your bags still have to be able to make it through the scanner but it's nothing like it used to be.

I think it would be a nice feature, but agree, cabins would have to be vacated by about 8 a.m. I don't want the stewards to be overly worked more than they are though. The last 2 times I've sailed from Galveston, the debarkation process has been awesome. (Sept. 2011 & Dec. 2011) Both times, we were off the ship & through customs, no later than 9:30.

Except the Magic is not due in til 8am according to the itinerary.

We were in about 7 a.m. on our cruise on the Magic in December & it was about the same when on the Ecstasy for her last sailing from Galveston this last September.

We always go to the room long enough to drop off carry on's when we board the ship , Last month on the Glory , We were in our room a few minutes before 11;00 am , Room was ready

How do you do that when most ships I have been on have all of the interior doors closed with the signs not to enter until announced?

Princess has been letting people into their cabins as soon as they board for over 15 years now. It works great. It is so nice to be able to take your carry on bags to your room right away, and not have to haul them to lunch, etc. Holland America is now doing the same thing.

We are sailing this weekend on the Magic and not aware of this. Did Carnival officially announce this or keeping it quiet? Does that mean we should be there before 11 am or should we just arrive at that time? :confused: I think it will be crazy trying to get everyone off and on by 11. I feel for the Carnival staff.

Princess has been letting people into their cabins as soon as they board for over 15 years now. It works great. It is so nice to be able to take your carry on bags to your room right away, and not have to haul them to lunch, etc. Holland America is now doing the same thing.

This.

I dont get how folks are making this seem impossible when other lines are doing it no problem.

We are sailing this weekend on the Magic and not aware of this. Did Carnival officially announce this or keeping it quiet? Does that mean we should be there before 11 am or should we just arrive at that time? :confused: I think it will be crazy trying to get everyone off and on by 11. I feel for the Carnival staff.

I think there is some confusion. The OP didnt say that everyone would be on the ship at 11am..just that rooms will be available at 11am. I would arrive the same time you planned.

They have never put in print on their website a time that cabins would be available, so I doubt that would change.

Sure, being in the rooms early would be awesome and being Platinum we are always up and gone pretty early

but

The cabin stewards and linen replacers are always working the tails yo the bone just to make it possible to get everyone in at 1:30pm......It sure seems like this would really max out the workers who are already maxed to the hilt. I'm saying that they do so much already, would this not push them over the edge ?

Archived