Carnival to trial allowing you in stateroom by 11AM

CoachT

In Galveston, Carnival is running a trial on Triumph and then on Magic to allow you to be able to go to your stateroom as soon as you can board the ship. The goal is to have them all ready by 11AM.

HAL does this and it is wonderful!

Good luck to them.

In Galveston, Carnival is running a trial on Triumph and then on Magic to allow you to be able to go to your stateroom as soon as you can board the ship. The goal is to have them all ready by 11AM.

Good luck to them.

If this works out then I would drag my own luggage on board, sounds good to me.

Good luck to them.

Jeez I wonder how the crew is going to deal with that? And are they shuffling people off earlier?

....the poor stewards. That is going to be a bad day for them. Can you imagine trying to clean and ready the room for the next cruisers when the cruiser before are dragging their feet leaving the ship. Either the room is not going to be clean to everyone's satisfaction and/or the customer service of the steward on day 1 is going to be 'nothing to write home about'. I mean good for the consumer(depending on how you look at it) and bad for the steward.:eek:

geez. id' rather leave my cabin late that last morning, than get it early when i board.

would love to hear how early they will be getting the debarking passengers out of their cabins.

who are they listening to these days?

btw, i've never even been on board that early, try as hard as i may.

op:what is your source for this tidbit?

Yes it would be great to be able to access your room early for those of us who feel it is necessary to board as soon as the last of the last weeks cruisers step their feet on to dry land, but I agree it will be murder for the poor stewards. Personally I never found it that terrible to have to wait.

I've never minded waiting to enter the cabin. I think their goal puts a lot of pressure on the stewards and I think cleanliness may suffer. I, for one, do not want to go into a bathroom to find it's not clean or find someone's unmentionables somewhere they shouldn't be :eek::eek::eek: I'd rather wait a little while so the stewards have the time to do things properly.

I agree, those poor tewards are worked hard enough. I have never minded waiting for our room. The lido deck is a fun place to be when we 1st board the ship. Seems like noon or 12:30 would be more realistic. I already hate leaving my room by 8AM, hope they don't move that up.

I am one of those people who enjoy being the last off the ship. We normally stay at a hotel the day the cruise returns. I don't want to be kicked off the ship 7am.

Also are they hiring more workers for this? The crew is stretched to the max as it is. IMO 1:30p for cabin availability is not bad..most hotels don't allow check-in until 3p

I am one of those people who enjoy being the last off the ship. We normally stay at a hotel the day the cruise returns. I don't want to be kicked off the ship 7am.

Also are they hiring more workers for this? The crew is stretched to the max as it is. IMO 1:30p for cabin availability is not bad..most hotels don't allow check-in until 3p

If this is true, you wouldnt be kicked off the ship..just asked to leave your cabin earlier.

That is so unfair to all of the room stewards...and lets not even begin to think about what this will do to the ports. Once people know this they will arrive at 8 to board with everyone getting off and parking and traffic and porters will be INSANE!

We like to arrive early and wait at the terminal rather than elsewhere. Once we get on the ship we get some lunch and find a lounge chair until 1:30, or walk the ship finding our way around.

I can see this working if they either have someone else helping the steward...they are usually working pretty well up to 1:30 to get all of the cabins ready.

What this means is when they start allowing boarding, ALL staterooms will be ready. You will have to vacate your cabin by 8AM at the latest. This works for HAL very well and you would be amazed how they do it and the stewards actually like it.

:)

Want to get on early, am getting off early to make a plane. Rather selfishly- works for me!

Except I was not excited by the boarding at Princess- as you board they direct you immediately to the elevators to get rid of your things. I felt like they were getting me out the way. I would rather be greeted with a funship drink- I don't believe I am onboard until then!

That is so unfair to all of the room stewards...and lets not even begin to think about what this will do to the ports. Once people know this they will arrive at 8 to board with everyone getting off and parking and traffic and porters will be INSANE!

We like to arrive early and wait at the terminal rather than elsewhere. Once we get on the ship we get some lunch and find a lounge chair until 1:30, or walk the ship finding our way around.

I can see this working if they either have someone else helping the steward...they are usually working pretty well up to 1:30 to get all of the cabins ready.

Princess does it without mass chaos.:p

If they make people leave their cabins and hour and a half earlier..then the room stewards would actually have more time off. They could start cleaning rooms earlier.

Honestly, I'd rather wait and not have the stewards rushed any more than they already are. I think this new policy would give unrealistic expectations to the cruisers coming on board.

+1

I don't mind waiting for a clean room.

Archived