Question For Recent Constellation Cruisers

jaybird from SC

Last cruise we were in 7197 on Connie and from our balcony we looked down upon a canvas awning which prevented us from actually seeing straight down to the ground. Does anyone know how far down the side of the ship these awnings go-like how many cabins are affected by this? Better still does anyone have a photo? We thought we made one but can't seem to locate it. Thanks

Last cruise we were in 7197 on Connie and from our balcony we looked down upon a canvas awning which prevented us from actually seeing straight down to the ground. Does anyone know how far down the side of the ship these awnings go-like how many cabins are affected by this? Better still does anyone have a photo? We thought we made one but can't seem to locate it. Thanks

Same cabin we had in December. Those awnings are covering the balconies below. I know for a fact that they go all the way to the back because I've also stayed in other C3s back there. Can't speak to the 2As toward the bow, but I would imagine they would be the same.

We were in cabin 7175 on Summit and that cover started at the middle of and goes back from the balcony for cabin 7173 on the port side and 7176 on the starboard side. That's DW waving from our balcony in the first shot. Third shot was taken from viewing port in floor of overhang portion of Waterfall Grill buffet restaurant.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221752&d=1329220953

attachment.php?attachmentid=221753&d=1329220953

attachment.php?attachmentid=221754&d=1329220953

DSC06845a.jpg.72ae23c8b3276a63953090e77230d32c.jpg

DSC06751a.jpg.a6e9d81e9431f00c3fc6260b3a31d744.jpg

DSC07025a.jpg.482aece5c95309e3e28caec674e6517d.jpg

Could I ask a cabin question on Constellation as well?

We are booked in 7022 but can move up to a CC cabin on deck 9 for only $63 more for 3 of us. I'm concerned because of what is above it.

Can someone who's had a cabin on deck 9 (specifically 9116) please let me know your thoughts about this location?

Could I ask a cabin question on Constellation as well?

We are booked in 7022 but can move up to a CC cabin on deck 9 for only $63 more for 3 of us. I'm concerned because of what is above it.

Can someone who's had a cabin on deck 9 (specifically 9116) please let me know your thoughts about this location?

Had 9123 and awoke to loud noise every morning. I prefer deck 8.

We have just returned from the Constellation. We had Cabin 9044 for two weeks and found there was no general noise just the occassional sound like a table or chair being pulled across the floor above. Have a look at the deck plans and try to find a cabin away from the high traffic areas. 9044 is near to / under the spa area.

The biggest issue that far up the ship is the overhang from the deck above, great if you are off to the Caribbean as it keeps the cabin cool and allows you to sit somewhere quiet out of the sun, not so good if you like to sunbathe. The overhang can also encroach into your photo's from your balcony.

In rough weather the higher you are up the ship the more you will feel the ships motion through the sea.

Having said all of that we would book cabins around that area again.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Geoff C

Cabin 9044 is under the middle section of the Solarium so I would expect it would have chair noise early in the am when the crew is rearranging the chairs to wash the floors and possibly during the day when the passengers are in that area especially on sea days. It is the same problem that cabins under the outdoor pool area often have.

OP is considering cabin 9116 which is under the Seaside Cafe which is another noisy area early in the am.

The only area I would have a cabin directly under the Resort deck would be under the Spa/Hair Salon area but not the Gym/Fitness Center. Actually that's where our cabin is for our Century cruise next month.

Had 9123 and awoke to loud noise every morning. I prefer deck 8.

We had 9173 and there were lots of trolley cart noise coming from the Seaside Cafe in the early morning, 5:30-6:00am, from the crew preparing for breakfast.

Cabin 9044 is under the middle section of the Solarium so I would expect it would have chair noise early in the am when the crew is rearranging the chairs to wash the floors and possibly during the day when the passengers are in that area especially on sea days. It is the same problem that cabins under the outdoor pool area often have.

OP is considering cabin 9116 which is under the Seaside Cafe which is another noisy area early in the am.

The only area I would have a cabin directly under the Resort deck would be under the Spa/Hair Salon area but not the Gym/Fitness Center. Actually that's where our cabin is for our Century cruise next month.

Thanks so much for the information. I think we will go for a C3 cabin on deck 8. There are a few available right near the aft stairs, which is a location we like.

We are in AQ on Eclipse in April, so I think we'll look forward to CC on Constellation. Spoiling ourselves, I'm afraid!

Thanks again!!

Archived