NCL Sky - not what it used to be

dagtoking1

I know if I was from NCL and reading the current number of posts about the food quality I would take notice.

Look if you run a operation and a number of your guests start complaining you do not turn a deaf ear to it.

Reputation is hard to thing to build and easy to lose. On this board issues of food quality is rising. That should make NCL sit up and take notice.

The cheerleaders can attack those of us who feel this area that needs improvement, the reality is less than 1% of the people who cruise post here. I bet less than 5% who cruise read this board. If you love the food great for you and you should no issue if NCL were to make it better.

If you take notice of what is said here a growing number of people who cruise NCL feel the food is missing something. That is something NCL should be concerned about.

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

I know if I was from NCL and reading the current number of posts about the food quality I would take notice.

Look if you run a operation and a number of your guests start complaining you do not turn a deaf ear to it.

Reputation is hard to thing to build and easy to lose. On this board issues of food quality is rising. That should make NCL sit up and take notice.

The cheerleaders can attack those of us who feel this area that needs improvement, the reality is less than 1% of the people who cruise post here. I bet less than 5% who cruise read this board. If you love the food great for you and you should no issue if NCL were to make it better.

If you take notice of what is said here a growing number of people who cruise NCL feel the food is missing something. That is something NCL should be concerned about.

If you read the RCCL or CCL boards you will find many who are complaining on there about the food quality dropping on those lines as well. CCL was raked over the coals for offering meatloaf and mac and cheese on it's comfort food menu. Truth is, none of us are ever going to starve on a cruise ship;).

If you read the RCCL or CCL boards you will find many who are complaining on there about the food quality dropping on those lines as well. CCL was raked over the coals for offering meatloaf and mac and cheese on it's comfort food menu. Truth is, none of us are ever going to starve on a cruise ship;).

As my fil says "true that" LOL

I am/was a frequent poster/lurker on the RCCL boards since that is what we mostly cruise and I'm amazed at how so many people complain about the food on a mass quantity/market cruise line. I also sailed CCL Dream when it first came out and it was our first CCL and was so worried about the food I didn't dare tell my dh all the negative comments I had read but my dd tells me it was her best cruise ever and I found the CCL food better in some respects than RCCL. So, I just say....whatever :)

What like 5 people out of how many hundred that post on here?

People who like to complain come on here and do that, the rest of us are perfectly happy and don't feel the need to start threads every day saying we're happy with the food.

I don't think NCL is too concerned with a few complainers. Changing food to suit the complainers may annoy the 99% who are content and don't want to eat quail eggs and sweetbreads every night.

I live outside Ft Lauderdale and find that many of the locals book these short cruises for wedding showers, reunions, bachelor parties,etc. So these are not your typical 7 day cruisers who would know about or be interested in a Lattitudes party. For us we've found that it is better to skip the buffet on embarkation and sea days and eat breakfast and/or lunch in the dining room.

As for the Chocolate buffet, I wish they would do away with it on all cruises. It is the most appalling display of greed that I've ever seen. People piling stuff on their plates and then leaving it, saw a drunk dude who couldn't stand up trying to drink from the fountain. 12 chocolate covered strawberries on a plate covered with different cakes just abandoned. Why not at least have it during the day when most people are still sober? Just my little rant.

Sorry you did not enjoy your Sky cruise, it is still our favorite for a quick "pampering" session. No cooking, no dishes, no laundry, no work.... And a great view! Love it!

The last two cruises I was on that were supposed to stop at Great Stirrup didn't happen; the weather was supposedly too rough to tender.

I'm sorry you missed going to GSC - it's a great beach day.

You said the weather was "supposedly" too rough to tender. Did you think otherwise?

What happens in that case? Do you just stay anchored out there looking longingly at the island you can't visit?

I'm sure I would be disappointed if my beach day at GSC was cancelled d/t rough seas, but you really can't blame NCL (or any other line) that cancels tendering to their private island in that situation.

Just off the Sky and we had a wonderful time! This was our second time on the Sky (last time was Labor Day weekend 2010). There were a great deal of families onboard, assuming it was because of the President's Holiday weekend. Great weather and just a great cruise. Hated to leave. Will be posted a synopsis after I get dinner cooked (ordering pizza)!

Archived