Oasis vs Explorer

Kfed

I was planning to book a 9 night EOS on my upcoming Celebrity cruise, however there will be several adults who are sort of food snobs including me and 6 teenagers. I Usually cruise Celebrity because I like the food, however with the kids I figure Royal Caribbean would be better for them. Question is 9 day EOS or 7 day Allure? The flight will factor in my decision. But just wanted to get a general idea of the comparison between the food and entertainment of both ships. thanks

Well the Oasis Class of ships (Oasis and Allure of the Seas) feature way more dining and entertaining options than Voyager Class (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator and Mariner of the Seas).

If you are looking for options, then go with an Oasis Class ship. Both feature similar main dining room menus, but Oasis and Allure have many more specialty restaurants onboard that have an extra fee. Explorer only has Portofino. The Oasis Class also features boardway shows, zip lines, flow riders, a carousel and lots more!

For more information on the ships click here.

Exos is a good ship. It got rollerblade, ice skating rink, mini golf, pool and hot tub. It nice size ship. If you don't have to fly go this way.

With Allure, you definitely need to fly. I flown Spirit because it cheapest one in tri state(out of Atlantic City Airport). You probably would want to fly down a day early in case of mishap(weather issue, delays from other flight etc). Allure got pool, zip line, flo riders, merry go around, ice show, Chicago, diving show, belly flop, and hot dog stand. Everything on that ship kept the passenger busy.The one thing that pester most people and some of them are paying a fortune on airline to get home is the time of day to get back home. I book the flight for 4 pm because that when return flight are cheaper and in case of delay by the ship itself.

Haven't been on either yet, but going on the 9 night Explorer in August. Since EOS sails out of NJ, would that make it driveable for you? Could be a cost savings and give you some flexibility as well.

As for food, I've found all the RC cruises have lots of choices, including plain steaks and chicken in the MDR if you ask for it, or there's always the buffet.

Usually Explorer is a lot more than most other ships(even with air factored in), however with the Oasis and Allure now sailing and some recent questionable "odors" on the Explorer the prices seem to be much more reasonable.

If the ship was the only consideration I would go with Oasis in a heartbeat, but just can't get myself to pay the prices they are getting for when we can sail.

Check the prices and itinerary and see what fits best into your budge and timeframes.

This is a subjective question to which you will get varying replies. Obviously, it's based on personal preference. I have sailed both ships, and I would always pick the longer itinerary. On a 7 nighter, they are getting you read for disembarkation by Day 4. Forget it. Explorer is plenty fabulous and the 9 nights would seal the deal for me. :)

Archived