Theoretical gift card question

ajhunt2

I would buy it for sure !!! I am currently doing the same thing for an Apple computer for my Daughter when she graduates :) Its just a way of saving do the purhase wont hurt the bank as much. Also it would be wonderful to get them as gifts !! No Gas purks in Canada however :(

That stinks about the no fuel perks.

See you in 51 days!!!

BTW, It wasnt any of you that I ran into, was it? (I love small world irony!)

No, it wasn't me - I don't have a Carnival sweatshirt. I do, however, have a Carnival t-shirt that I had on a couple of days ago while I ran to the store. But, I don't remember talking to anyone about gift cards or Carnival, lol.

Anyway, I would totally love this idea. I used to do this for our Disney trips, when my son was young. And, I currently, am doing this for a new fence from Home Depot. I have been after DH, for years, to get a new fence. So, last fall, I took it upon myself to start buying $50 Home Depot cards every pay check. We, now, have enough to get that fence, when Spring gets here. Plus, as many have said, I have enjoyed the discounted gas.

This would be great for gifts, for my Mother, as well. She is so very hard to buy for and Carnival gift cards would make it so much easier. And, she would enjoy her gifts so much more.

• 4 weeks later...

DH has just received a "thank you" from a department he did a small job for on his job. It's $100 to redeem for a number of different gift cards one of which is a Carnival gift card.

The restrictions say it can not be used for obc, gratutities or taxes and fees. I called Carnival today to see if it could be used on an existing reservation (before he actually selects the card) and the rep wasn't really sure. I need to speak with someone in the Special Promotions Department, and of course they are only there mon - fri.

Anyone have any experience with this type of card?

I'd totally do it. Kroger runs 4x fuel points on gift cards a few times a year and I always stock up - amazon, target, i-tunes, etc. Bought $85 of GC this weekend and got 360 fuel points.

For any other Kroger shoppers, this promo runs through April 7!

• 1 month later...

Hi Amanda!

Great idea, I'd be buying them for us all the time & it'd be a great gift to get from someone else! Are you 2 still thinking of the Sunshine for New Year's 2013? We've never been to New Orleans, it sounds like an interesting cruise, something to look into.

Sally

DH has just received a "thank you" from a department he did a small job for on his job. It's $100 to redeem for a number of different gift cards one of which is a Carnival gift card.

The restrictions say it can not be used for obc, gratutities or taxes and fees. I called Carnival today to see if it could be used on an existing reservation (before he actually selects the card) and the rep wasn't really sure. I need to speak with someone in the Special Promotions Department, and of course they are only there mon - fri.

Anyone have any experience with this type of card?

So what ever happened with your DH's thank you gift?

And the obvious question: How do we petition Carnival to offer gift cards like that?:)

i think a first step would be to go to John Healds facebook or blog and ask his opinion and to tell it to the gray beards

Archived