Luggage tags

nursebob

How soon before departure do you receive your luggage tags and how any do you receive, what happens if you need extra's.

Hi NurseBob,

At some point after Final Payment... about a month before your cruise date if I recall correctly... you'll see a link to them on your Reservation on the Celebrity Website (you have to be signed in).

In our case we printed off our E-Docs, and and our X-Press Pass the same day we ordered our tags (they come by mail for Americans & Canadians).

You get four of them (sticky strips) for each person (your name will be printed onto them)

Extras I believe you can get at the Port if you need them (someone else can tell you how that works... as 8 was TONS for our cabin, we didn't need any more). You really only need them for your checked baggage... and anything else you are sending with the Porters (ie case of water, juice, pop etc)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

How soon before departure do you receive your luggage tags and how any do you receive, what happens if you need extra's.

I would like to know the answers to these questions too!

Luggage tags must be ordered. You order them on the first page of the online check in page. They will not be available until after final payment and the eDocs are issued, usually 30-40 days prior to the cruise. Once ordered it should only take three to five working days to receive them. I just received ours for a March 26 Cruise that were ordered Feb 10. There four tags pp, if you need more:eek: they are available at the luggage drop off area. ~ Ric

Hi NurseBob,

At some point after Final Payment... about a month before your cruise date if I recall correctly... you'll see a link to them on your Reservation on the Celebrity Website (you have to be signed in).

In our case we printed off our E-Docs, and and our X-Press Pass the same day we ordered our tags (they come by mail for Americans & Canadians).

You get four of them (sticky strips) for each person (your name will be printed onto them)

Extras I believe you can get at the Port if you need them (someone else can tell you how that works... as 8 was TONS for our cabin, we didn't need any more). You really only need them for your checked baggage... and anything else you are sending with the Porters (ie case of water, juice, pop etc)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Luggage tags must be ordered. You order them on the first page of the online check in page. They will not be available until after final payment and the eDocs are issued, usually 30-40 days prior to the cruise. Once ordered it should only take three to five working days to receive them. I just received ours for a March 26 Cruise that were ordered Feb 10. There four tags pp, if you need more:eek: they are available at the luggage drop off area. ~ Ric

Thank you both very much for this information! :)

Here is what it will look like when it appears on your reservation summary, third section down on the left, click on it and then fill out your address info.

TO DMWNC1959,

Wow !!

No idea how you did that...

BUT that was awesome help.

Nothing like a "visual" to help with an explanation...

TWO THUMBS UP !!

Cheers!

Always glad to be of assistance! :D

P.S. There's also a screen grab of the 'e-docs ready to print' notification in that link I posted.

TO DMWNC1959,

I followed the link... great topic.

And loved the pics...

I couldn't decide what was more appealing... seeing luggage tags ready to go (yipee) or the sad-faced puddy-cat bemoaning someones impending departure.

Lol, cats are smart... they know such things !!

Cheers!

TO DMWNC1959,

I followed the link... great topic.

And loved the pics...

I couldn't decide what was more appealing... seeing luggage tags ready to go (yipee) or the sad-faced puddy-cat bemoaning someones impending departure.

Lol, cats are smart... they know such things !!

Cheers!

Thanks! And the part about cats, so true. As soon as I drag out the suitcase they're right there refusing to get out of the suitcase and getting cat hair on everything. It's like their little parting gift to remind me to come home. Gotta love'm. ;)

Makes me laugh. We have to quietly carry our suitcases down the hall to our bedroom--our dog gets so sad when he hears the wheels rolling on the tile floors! We often travel for a month(s) at a time, so even if we are just going away overnight it is traumatizing for him! The cats don't seem to care at all!!

So if I understand all the posts above, you don't print off your own luggage tags like you do on Princess. You have to order them. Is that correct?

You can actually do either. Print them out from your e-docs, or order them from the cruise line. I like the ones from the cruise line much better. Self adhesive and much easier than printing them out and laminating them. You can also get them from the porters at the pier and fill them out there.

Makes me laugh. We have to quietly carry our suitcases down the hall to our bedroom--our dog gets so sad when he hears the wheels rolling on the tile floors! We often travel for a month(s) at a time, so even if we are just going away overnight it is traumatizing for him! The cats don't seem to care at all!!

Poor puppy dog.... :(

You can actually do either. Print them out from your e-docs, or order them from the cruise line. I like the ones from the cruise line much better. Self adhesive and much easier than printing them out and laminating them. You can also get them from the porters at the pier and fill them out there.

Thank you very much for that clarification. :D

Be aware that the tag in the X eDoc are just really to show what they look like. They are no way close to being like the Princess tag which is designed to be printed out, as is, on a standard letter size sheet of paper and has instruction on how to fold and attach to your luggage. You would have to rework the X tag image substantially to get a suitable tag to use.

Here is what the eDoc page with the tag image looks like.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222339&d=1329601576

Xtags.jpg.156c08c6febcc80c1a99d71671a27c29.jpg

Are they pretty durable? Stay on well, and such?

The tags you request from and are mailed to you by X are very durable as they are similar to type of tag you typically receive from the airlines when checking in luggage for a flight, that is a plastic film tag that has a backing that you remove to attach as a loop on the luggage handle.

The tags you request from and are mailed to you by X are very durable....that is a plastic film tag that has a backing that you remove to attach as a loop on the luggage handle.

To supplement this description:

The backing of the luggage tags are divided roughly into 1/3's, and only the backing on each end of the luggage tag is removed. The adhesive ends are then placed together to form the 'loop' around your luggage handle. The paper backing on the middle 1/3 of the tag is not removed and stays attached to the tag so that the adhesive backing doesn't stick to the luggage handle itself.

tn_PB030008.JPG

The link opened up for our April 1st Solstice sailing 7 weeks out. I received ours yesterday and we're 42 days out from sailing.

I suspect the time varies since we were told it wouldn't open up until about 30 days out.

We received 8 total for the cabin for the three of us not 4 per person (3/3/2 per person).

It's enough for the three of us.

If you want more you can try to order again and see if the system sends them or wait to you get to the port and ask the porters there for extras.

Archived