First cruise was on Magic, booked on Triumph now

mattp420

I'm wondering what the major differences are? From the videos and online descriptions it looks like the same layout without the Red Frog Pub or specialty restaurants and also without the waterworks and ropes course.

Am I missing anything? Cabins comparable? Dining options seem relatively close to the same on Lido...

Thanks for any info you can give this noob. Can't wait to cruise again...we just got off the Magic 1/8/12 and booked this one right away. Trying to coordinate with our friends for the third. LOVE IT!!

There are not a whole lot of difference, other than the Magic is new and has some things the Triumph doesn't. The Magic is much bigger. The Triumph is layed out pretty much like the Conaquest only a little smaller. The Triumph is a really nice well maintained ship with a really friendly crew, you'll enjoy it.

Doug

The older ships have a decor that looks more like a cruise ship should to me. Of course, I am 63, and this is just my opinion. The Magic is almost a little too big for my taste.But it is nice, and we are booked on it again, as well as the Triumph twice.

We are on the 10/22/12 Triumph as well. It's way out there, but balconies are going far $439 starting rate , for 10/21/2013, so we already booked that. I believe a regular balcony is less than $1000 tax, title, and license for 2. We are Buddy & Glynda Taylor Tx deck 7 Empress for the 10/22/12 cruise.

We are sailing the Triumph in October. Sailed the Magic last November. While the Magic is bigger and a pretty ship, I have been told by several that the Triumph is a classier looking ship inside.

Thanks everyone!

Seems like we might enjoy the Triumph even more..I think I'll like the smaller size - except the buffet. Oh well, I'm not too picky so I'll find something or go at an off time. Or maybe just drink my lunch.

Thanks everyone!

Seems like we might enjoy the Triumph even more..I think I'll like the smaller size - except the buffet. Oh well, I'm not too picky so I'll find something or go at an off time. Or maybe just drink my lunch.

You can eat in the MDR for breakfast or lunch as well which was never crowded

Archived