Early boarding in galveston ?

1948buddy

I have noticed on the cams that the ships seem to be arriving in Galveston earlier, and have seen posts re: being in your cabin by 11 AM, so is this actually the policy now?We normally arrive about 12:30 , and there is usually quite a line at that time.

I have noticed on the cams that the ships seem to be arriving in Galveston earlier, and have seen posts re: being in your cabin by 11 AM, so is this actually the policy now?We normally arrive about 12:30 , and there is usually quite a line at that time.

John Heald said they are running trials on it now in Galveston.

I hope it works out well.:)

Our frist cruise was on the Conquest out of Galveston. Left the house at 7 am and should have arrived by 830 the latest. Was wanting to avoid the lines. But the wife recieved a phone call informing her she had to register for some teachers work shops by noon that day. So we spent almost two hours in a Mc Donalds with free wi-fi while she registered for her workshops. Took us about two hours to get on the ship then. I have heard that Carnival is really trying to get people on the ships fasters. Maybe the are using Galveston as part of that trial.

We drive to Galveston, 3 1/2 hours, and wife hates to get up real early, so I wonder what the latest is that you can get on?

One and half hour before the sail time. If departure is 4pm then you must be on board by 230 pm. Where in Texas are you coming from?

That is something we should do sometime. I usually book my parking quite a bit ahead, as they sell out where we park, so would have to remember that.

Yes that is a hike down to Galveston from. Ever thought about coming donw the night before? Stay at the Tremont or Galvez and they keep your car for free.

Yes that is a hike down to Galveston from. Ever thought about coming donw the night before? Stay at the Tremont or Galvez and they keep your car for free.

We are driving down from Michigan, arriving Friday. We are staying the the Galvez, but they are charging us $15 to leave our car for the week. Still cheaper that at the port.

That is something we should do sometime. I usually book my parking quite a bit ahead, as they sell out where we park, so would have to remember that.

We love the Galvez. The wife and I sometimes make a weekend get away there. Not the same without the Balinese Room across the street many more.:( If you book early enough you can get a good rate on a room.

we recently sailed on the magic (1/29), we got to EZ cruise parking by 0930, immediately shuttled to the pier, dropped our luggage off, we were on the ship by 1030 (and that was AFTER VIP etc boarded!) We were on the LIDO by 1045 and the crew was DEFINITELY not ready fo us!!! Buffet opened at about 11! This was cruise #9 for us and by FAR the earliest we've ever boarded!

We are sailing on the Magic on 4/1. We are driving in from Louisiana the night before and staying in Winnie because of Spring break and the higher hotel rates in Galveston. Parking across the street from terminal. Would love to board early? So I'am thinking I can get to the port for 10am and be sitting on the Lido deck by 11:30.

We are sailing on the Magic on 4/1. We are driving in from Louisiana the night before and staying in Winnie because of Spring break and the higher hotel rates in Galveston. Parking across the street from terminal. Would love to board early? So I'am thinking I can get to the port for 10am and be sitting on the Lido deck by 11:30.

They would have to be either fly in for spring break or college spring break. The vast majority of the schools systems here spring break is over March 30th.

Does anyone know if we'll be allowed in our rooms early? I read on a thread that rooms will be ready realier than 1:30.

Word is that they are trying to have rooms ready at 11am. Trial run in Galveston- and I would think that is they can do it on the Magic they can do it on any of their ships.

Reading this I am beginning to wonder why we have a hotel for Sat. night- just go over to the port and sleep for a few hours on a bench and board first thing in the morning!

Or maybe not. We will plan to get over there very early though- perhaps at 9:30 or so if people are really getting on that early. I'd love to be sitting on the ship rather than sitting around a hotel room. I'm never entirely comfortable until I cross over onto the deck. Then whatever else happens- I am on board. :)

I have been through Galveston twice. Each time I have been at the port by 10am. We had VIP check in so went to the front of the line, right up to the check in and then sat down to wait. The first time we had to wait until shortly after 11am to board, the last cruise well, from the time the cb dropped us off to when they led us onboard was around 30-40 minutes.

I would say the best time to get to port is early, as in between 10-11am.

Early cabin access--not sure if it will be a go for this cruise, but who knows, maybe 11-12 is when the cabins will be ready!

They would have to be either fly in for spring break or college spring break. The vast majority of the schools systems here spring break is over March 30th.

It is Spring break for students in Louisiana and Galveston is a big Spring break resort area for SW Louisiana.

Galveston is my home port and I am VIP...I've sailed out of there 10 times and twice since the terminal upgrades were completed last fall....I get to the pier around 10:30 and boarding starts usually by 11:30......I have noticed that without fog delays the ship is getting in a little earlier (but even the Conquest was usually along side by 6:30)......

I'll be on the Magic in 2 weeks so I'm going to be really checking those times and may start arriving closer to 9:30 if she really is boarding early. I usually start watching the ship cams to see when I start seeing people on the Lido deck.

We were on triumph a couple of weeks ago, they are getting people on earlier. We arrived just before 11 and expected to wait an hour to board, but we were able to walk right on. Right up the lido deck, grabbed DOD and to the buffet.

Rooms weren't available until 1:30.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I always cruise out of Galveston and we usually get to the pier around 10:30am and they start boarding the wedding parties first and we are VIP. We normally get called to board around 11:30am and are on the ship before noon.

I wish they would start the cabins being ready sooner. .and the boarding sooner. The faster I am on the ship the sooner my vacation starts..lol

I just wish our luggage got to our cabin sooner. The last few cruises we didn't receive our luggage until close to 4:00pm or after. We have been in a Spa Deck cabin the past 5 times though. Maybe they take luggage to take deck later.???

We drive to Galveston, 3 1/2 hours, and wife hates to get up real early, so I wonder what the latest is that you can get on?

We live 3 1/2 hours away too but it is east of Galveston; the Lafayette, LA area. In fact we usually try and drive in the day before just in case there is a heavy fog that prevents us from driving in.

My sister, who cruises with me, is opposite of your DW. The earlier we get on the cruise ship the happier she is.

We live 3 1/2 hours away too but it is east of Galveston; the Lafayette, LA area. In fact we usually try and drive in the day before just in case there is a heavy fog that prevents us from driving in.

My sister, who cruises with me, is opposite of your DW. The earlier we get on the cruise ship the happier she is.

We are from the same area!! Mardi Gras and chasing chickens this weekend!! We will drive in the day before too, but plan on staying in Winnie.

looks like those stating this "attempted" change was for incremental dollars were correct.

the brand ambassador just posted that they are letting people on at 11:30 being there were about 105 people still on board, yet the rooms still aren't going to be ready till at least 1:00pm. :rolleyes:

Archived