RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

I am working on two lesbians couples that are neighbors on Fire Island. ;)

I talked to Tara & Melissa from Chambersburg, PA today on the beach, and they are going on the cruise. They were very happy that the itinerary changed.

Hopefully now the cruise will start selling better. There are certainly a LOT of cabin categories still readily available.

They have got a lot of cabins to fill in six months. This cruise will most likely not sell out.

What does Campbell do now? Write it off as a bad investment? Fold RSVP into the Atlantis brand?

We were looking at this cruise on RSVP's website last weekend and got pretty excited about having an overnight stop in New Orleans (although I now see it would have set sail at 2am). Is the Mardis Gras just as good in Curacao?

Bearcruise has the updated itinery but sends you to Dan Howell Travel for the prices, which still shows the old cruise. Reading through the thread, at least the weather sounds like it could be better.

Maybe it's just me but looking at the availability of rooms it doesn't look too bad compared to last year's sales. It looks like the typical high/low ends are sold out with the middle being available. I was thinking the same thing last year that the cruise was not going to sell out, but then in the last two months a lot of rooms starting booking up quickly. Definitely should help now that they at least updated the website, but I see they just wanted to update their site once and add the two river cruises than getting the Caribbean one changed quickly.

Maybe it's just me but looking at the availability of rooms it doesn't look too bad compared to last year's sales. It looks like the typical high/low ends are sold out with the middle being available. I was thinking the same thing last year that the cruise was not going to sell out, but then in the last two months a lot of rooms starting booking up quickly. Definitely should help now that they at least updated the website, but I see they just wanted to update their site once and add the two river cruises than getting the Caribbean one changed quickly.

See what it looks like after September 11. They didn't make the refund offer until yesterday's email. Although, it was widely speculated.

I told Nick at RSVP, I didn't appreciate learning about it online, then waiting another month for them to make an official announcement.

I am not, I just happened to be talking with him, thus he got to hear from me.

Someone is going to take the blame for this one. Most likely, Jeff.

Blame? I think they made a wise decision, so I would characterize that as "getting credit". I got an email from Jeff last week with the updates on the itinerary. No complaints from me.

Blame? I think they made a wise decision, so I would characterize that as "getting credit". I got an email from Jeff last week with the updates on the itinerary. No complaints from me.

The website has been updated with new itinery, this happened a few days ago now.

It was a wise decision that was poorly executed in my opinion, and it may not *all* be RSVP's fault really. Honestly I think a few travel agents jumped the gun in releasing the info to their customers before RSVP had a chance to finalize things and put out official announcements. I'm personally glad my TA contacted me so I could book... it got my friends and I the cabins we wanted all located together before the rush of others who decided to book post-change. But... but I kind of think RSVP should be a little pissed that the info got out before they could contact their customers themselves and do their own damage control.

One surprise to me is RSVP is going ahead and giving those who were on the Feb 2012 cruise the early booking discount they would have gotten if they had booked at that time. Doesn't help me cause I'm in an inside cabin with no discount but my friends all got it. Not sure if you have to contact RSVP or your TA to get it but the email I got sounded like they were just going to apply it directly to those who were on the cruise in Feb.

Unfortunately, the wise decision should have been made in February. They could have sold more cabins had they decided to head south then instead of in August.

Apparently, sales were below 50% for them to make such an abrupt change.

So if we were to book within the next couple of week's, we'd have to pay the deposit and the next payment. We'll have to pawn granny's necklace because we'll be buying our flights as well.

I don't want to sound negative but I've read RSVP's refund policy, and even though they say they're stricter than other travel agents, 40% charge if cancelled within 90 days of the cruise and the full cost if cancelled 60 days before (with little chance of giving the trip to a friend due to the 90 day name change policy) - you have to make sure it's what you want.

As well as the previous itinerary, do you think Pied Piper hosting an 11 night Caribbean cruise from the 11th of February for roughly the same price ($1500 for a balcony cabin) has anything to do with poor sales? The better half works in education, so RSVP's dates are better - and we get to see a bit of Carnival - but if I had more vacation days, we might have gone with them.

I got the notification, but it hasn't shown up on my card's account yet.

Correction: The second payment of the cruise was charged to my card 8/13/12. I was looking at the wrong credit card account.

For those of you interested in the Theme Parties, a discussion on that has begun at the RSVPCruisers site. Jeff G. has asked for suggestions. Here's your chance!

http://http://rsvpcruisers.com/events/rsvp-southern-caribbean-cruise

And thanks for liking my idea!

My suggestions were:

Since we are going to be in Curacao for Carnival, why not an UNDER THE BIGTOP theme, which could include all kinds of circus characters and acts (from Ringmaster to animals) and Side Show characters such as bearded ladies, tatooed men, weight lifters, sword swallowers....etc.

And since we aren't all into leather, make that dance a Village People dance, which can still have leather dudes, but also cops, military, cowboys, and native Americans (being politically correct).

And thanks for liking my idea!

My suggestions were:

Since we are going to be in Curacao for Carnival, why not an UNDER THE BIGTOP theme, which could include all kinds of circus characters and acts (from Ringmaster to animals) and Side Show characters such as bearded ladies, tatooed men, weight lifters, sword swallowers....etc.

And since we aren't all into leather, make that dance a Village People dance, which can still have leather dudes, but also cops, military, cowboys, and native Americans (being politically correct).

Who wants to be the Ringmaster? Peter? Max could be the bearded lady.

How can I join this group. It says

Sign In to RSVP Cruisers

Membership is by invitation only. If you have an invitation, click the link in the email to join.

Contact RSVP. It is open to all who have sailed with RSVP. And you have :)

Archived