RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Hi Guys,

2 British guys here, just booked our second cruise after having a great time on the Baltic cruise a few years ago. Looking forward to meeting some friends from San Francisco who are also onboard, but also making new friends too:)

Hi Guys,

2 British guys here, just booked our second cruise after having a great time on the Baltic cruise a few years ago. Looking forward to meeting some friends from San Francisco who are also onboard, but also making new friends too:)

Welcome aboard, Tony & Phil!

Hi Guys,

Yes, welcome Tony and Phil!

We love to meet new friends, and we are glad you found our merry group. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, and you will receive any help or suggestions you need! :)

Hi Guys,

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Warning: RSVP cruises can be highly addictive.

From Southwest.com:

On July 16, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through March 8, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Schedule has now been extended.

I have completed our Air reservations.

Thanks guys, I can understand why it would be easy to get hooked on cruising, it's fabulous and civilised. I know we'll have a ball.

We were wandering where the ship docks in New Orleans,if anyone can help out there please. And I'm sure I heard that you were allowed to take wine aboard HAL cruises ( the last cruise we did was a celebrity, and we certainly couldn't there) is it just wine or are other beverages allowed ?

They are most accommodating about wines, they will only charge you a corkage fee if you consume the wine in a dining room. Champagne and still wines are welcome on HAL.

Spirits are not allowed to be brought onboard, although I understand some attempt to smuggle liquor in via mouthwash bottles, etc. with varying degrees of success.

We were wandering where the ship docks in New Orleans,if anyone can help out there please.

It looks like the cruise terminal is by the Convention Center.

And I'm sure I heard that you were allowed to take wine aboard HAL cruises ( the last cruise we did was a celebrity, and we certainly couldn't there) is it just wine or are other beverages allowed ?

As stated you can bring as much wine onboard and have to pay a corkage fee of $18 when it is taken to a dining room or bar/lounge. No charge when driniking it in your cabin. Beer and alcohol are not allowed. HAL does have reasonable prices to buy alcohol to be consumed in your cabin (not duty free - that you get the last night of the cruise).

There is a full schedule of the parades for Mardi Gras 2013 at http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/schedule.html/

It looks like the parades on Fat Tuesday end around 2 or so, so the parade watching happens much earlier than I expected.

Anybody know what goes on after the last parade?

The main parades (Zulu and Rex) start early and that is why we are getting into NO earlier than originally planned. After the parades the partying continues until midnight when everything is shut down. The French Quarter is the craziest area.

It looks like the cruise terminal is by the Convention Center.

When we were docked there in 2003. We were directly across from the convention center.

IIRC, we were the first to dock, later in the day, two more ships appeared.

Anybody know what goes on after the last parade?

Everything ends at the stroke of midnight. Carriages turn back into pumpkins, and that hot guy you were dancing with turns back into a friendly little 4 legged creature. Very Cinderella.

Mardi Gras is all about getting your fix and splurges out of the way, before Ash Wednesday, the day after Fat Tuesday. Ash Wednesday begins the Catholic period of Lent. The party ends, so one can repent for his or her sins, and prepare him or herself for Easter. Helen Holy should have a hay day.

Everything ends at the stroke of midnight. Carriages turn back into pumpkins, and that hot guy you were dancing with turns back into a friendly little 4 legged creature. Very Cinderella.

It just seemed odd to me that the parades end during daytime - I thought they would be going on until the stroke of midnight.

It just seemed odd to me that the parades end during daytime - I thought they would be going on until the stroke of midnight.

The parades start a few weeks before Mardi Gras. Some are at night but most are during the day. Parades take place all around the city too, not just downtown.

There is too much partyingbto do after the parades to have it ends at midnight.

No airport in Rehoboth? :D:D:D

We have many things, but no airport (otherwise our friend would move here in a blink of an eye.) Philly is less than 2 hours away. We are also about that far from BMI (Baltimore) and Washington DC. Commuter jets fly into Salisbury, MD.

A change is a coming and I am not too happy... :(

I've been told the change is true. I just booked because of the change but those who already were... really pretty sucky I know. I'll be curious to see how RSVP spins it, and handles those who were previously booked.

RSVP has officially changed the itinerary to the following: (Courtesy Dan Howell Travel)

2/9 Depart Ft Lauderdale

10 Day at Sea

11 Day at sea

12 Curaco 8am to 1am

13 Aruba 8am to 4pm

14 Day at Sea

15 Half Moon Cay

16 Return Ft Lauderdale

Is this official? Personally, I was just starting to look forward to N.O. after some reservations. The ostensible new itinerary is actually more attractive to me, although I've done those ports of call before - but they were awesome!

I've been told the change is true. I just booked because of the change but those who already were... really pretty sucky I know. I'll be curious to see how RSVP spins it, and handles those who were previously booked.

I have been told many comlained about a potentially cooler itinerary but what about those that wanted to go to New Orleans (and Key West) and that don't want to do Curacao and Aruba so soon again.

I don't expext them to do anything for those that have already booked - other than accomodate flight change fees if they should decide to cancel.

Archived