RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

I know I can always trust Peter to have the thread up and running.:) Not even a peep from Reuel?

Hate to say it, but we're going to take a pass once again. I have to agree with most. If I'm spending the money on a cruise, I don't want to take a chance on cold weather. It's different story if we're staying at the condo.

Ho Ho....... Hey Hey...Guess who signed on for the cruise today?:)

Miss you boys! We haven't been down to Rehoboth AT ALL. A friend is renting the house for the winter.

It seems that Rich is considering Alaska again for RSVP. I would not be surprised if in the summer 2013 there will be Alaska trip again. Considering the hints he dropped on the ask RSVP session the last cruise, and the low sells of this summer trip, it might just happen.

After being to Alaska with RSVP in 2009, I don't think I would do it again.

I so wish RSVP will branch into the more "exotic" destinations.

I think we'd be up for Alaska again, and DEFINITELY more exotic intineraries. Maybe South America?

I know I can always trust Peter to have the thread up and running.:) Not even a peep from Reuel?

She is slowing down in her old age :D

If I'm spending the money on a cruise, I don't want to take a chance on cold weather.

I think we'd be up for Alaska again

Color me confused... :confused: :D

Color me confused... :confused: :D

:o:DLOL-okay, fair enough. In the northeast in FEBRUARY, as you well know in New York, it can be pretty darned cold (this current winter notwithstanding). I wouldn't want to spend money on a cruise in FEBRUARY with the chance of hitting cold weather. I want someplace warm.

Alaska in, oh say, AUGUSTor SEPTEMBER is a different story. Even on the RSVP Alaska back in 2007, guys were out on the pool deck in Sitka. It was 70 degrees and that was toward the end of September. Mind you, everyone was a wuss for the Lumberjock party. They had to move it into the theater. Everyone was shrinking up on deck.

Back to the topic at hand. Would love to visit NOLA, just would prefer to see it at a leisurely pace, without all the craziness. AND the off chance that it could be too cool for a winter getaway makes it a little less appealing.

Key West-been there, done that. Again, Key West is a place that I would go to kick back for a couple days, not a day stop to spend money in the Duval Street tourist traps. If only Atlantic Shores still existed...

And anyone out there who has never been, don't listen to me. It's a fun stop, regardless of all the typical stores. You'll want to go back for a longer stay.

Hi Jim,

Yes, I remember the 2007 Alaska cruise where we went from 39° in Glacier Bay to mid 70s in Sitka and Ketchikan (and I came home with a tan). :D

New Orleans might not be as warm as the Caribbean but it will still be warmer than the Northeast! We were in New Orleans for Mardi Gras in 2005 and it was quite warm (and I came home with a tan). :D

It will be interesting to go back to both Key West and New Orleans for one day port calls after having been to both for longer periods.

Key West would be easy since I will go scuba diving for sure. ;) It is definitely a place for aquatic activities. I first visited it in the late 80s and it has changed a lot - less gay, more commercial, more cruise-port-like. But I am sure most would find something to do. Bourbon St. Pub will surely be hopping, as would Island House.

New Orleans would be all about Mardi Gras - and trying to meet up with our friends that live there.

Yeah!! You are right! Our deposits hit our credit card yesterday, the 16th. We were starting to get worried that it wasn't going to happen. We have been cruising with them since '97 (when we went to Key West and Mardis Gras) and the deposits always hit the cards almost as fast as we returned home. I was really worried as I have booked the week prior to the RSVP cruise w/o my DH as he can only get the one week of vacation at that time of year.

We are really looking forward to it. We've done two RSVP cruises that went to New Orleans; our first in '97 when the weather was really nice and the one in I think '03 with the fog. We had a great time on both. Sailing out of N.O. with the fog was pretty cool.

See you all next year!

Yes it was! Hooray! It's now official, we are going! :)

I think it's fine they were waiting.

Most of us spent enough on the last cruise. It gave us a few weeks to let our credit cards recover. On the ship, I had heard it would be about three weeks before they began processing. In the end, it was closer to four.

In the past it was charged about a week after we got back. I am guessing that Atlantis is now giving the marching orders, and it took them some time to get everything together.

Our Travel Agent sent us the invoice yesterday.

I noticed they are including the Hotel Service charge on your invoice instead of having HAL add it to your shipboard account.

That's how it always was, until some years ago when they started adding it your shipboard account. I know many cruisers are confused when they see that Hotel Service charge added to their shipboard accounts. Add it right from the start and get if over with.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, let me announce that Bob and I went to New York City last week. We saw a couple of Broadway shows (Jersey Boys and War Horse), and, oh yes, WE GOT MARRIED! This will now count as a Civil Union in Delaware. We will be celebrating on Oct. 13 with an open house and a retro disco dance at our local CAMP Rehoboth Community Center.

Secondly, I made reservations for a 3-night pre-cruise stay at Cabanas Guesthouse in Ft. Lauderdale. We picked that resort because of the close proximity to the Wilton Manors nightlife. We will also be staying for 3 days after the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale at a different resort yet to be determined.

(Thank you Typhoon1 and NYC95 for your good wishes. I didn't see that before I posted. Yes, after 32 years together we are no longer living in sin. Well...........)

IMG_3596.jpg.a1c00f9f2545fc015ae3e71334291902.jpg

(Thank you Typhoon1 and NYC95 for your good wishes. I didn't see that before I posted. Yes, after 32 years together we are no longer living in sin. Well...........)

It's only appropriate the others hear it directly from you Max. Once again, 32 more years. :D:D

I booked today. Couldn't think of anything better to do in February and I've never been to NO or Mardi Gras. The weather probably can't be much worse than the last few February Caribbean trips.

I'm also hoping the Mardi Gras destination might mix up the crowd a bit, which would be a plus for me.

First of all, let me announce that Bob and I went to New York City last week. We saw a couple of Broadway shows (Jersey Boys and War Horse), and, oh yes, WE GOT MARRIED! This will now count as a Civil Union in Delaware. We will be celebrating on Oct. 13 with an open house and a retro disco dance at our local CAMP Rehoboth Community Center.

Secondly, I made reservations for a 3-night pre-cruise stay at Cabanas Guesthouse in Ft. Lauderdale. We picked that resort because of the close proximity to the Wilton Manors nightlife. We will also be staying for 3 days after the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale at a different resort yet to be determined.

Congrats!!

-Jeff

Does anyone have a price sheet for this cruise? A friend of ours is possibly interested in this cruise. Not coming up on their website. I'm assuming they are waiting for the sale to end on the med cruise before putting it online?

Archived