RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Is this official? Personally, I was just starting to look forward to N.O. after some reservations. The ostensible new itinerary is actually more attractive to me, although I've done those ports of call before - but they were awesome!

I too was looking forward to Key West and NOLA. They are repeating the 2010 itinerary which I think is too soon but they want to hit Carnival (again). I would have been happier with some new ports for a change.

We had a blast at Carnival - one of the best cruise excursions ever. But I am a bit iffy about doing it afain so soon. What if it disappoints? Then again, what if it os even better?! As we were leaving the parade that night sone older folks were applauding our leaving but a lot of other folk (younger) rushed back to thank us for coming and to come back again. Mixed emotions :)

I wonder why they did not make it Curacao and Bonaire? At least that would be a change - and a new scuba location for me.

It has been uncrypted :)

I don't usually spill details about such things unless it becomes more official.

I was trying not to give the full details either until RSVP made the announcement official but it was bound to slip out soon. Of course, the info could be false and a bunch of us have booked on a rumor LOL

I do have mixed feelings. There are a large number of us who travel RSVP every year who didn't book for 2013 because of the itinerary so I'm personally very happy with the change. The return of 2012 guests and new bookings had to have been extremely low for them to do this and potentially alienate those who booked previously. I truly feel bad for all the folks who booked that were actually looking forward to New Orleans. So many people expressed their unhappiness with the NOLA itin from the moment it was announced, it's too bad they couldn't listen and make this change earlier and avoid 5 months of changed bookings. I really think no matter what RSVP was screwed here, either keep the less popular itinerary and risk having their ship go out with too many vacancies, or change it, and risk alienating those who were booked and deal with cancelations and change fees. It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out in the end. I hate to think RSVP is going to have another difficult year after finally getting past their problems from 5 or so years ago.

I've been told to expect changes to the entertainment also. I know some of it already but not much.

but... um... yay, now I'm going on a cruise in February. WOOT!

I don't usually spill details about such things unless it becomes more official.

It was obvious bookings were sluggish at best. In 2003, that trip sold out in a matter of months.

I was less than thrilled about a return to NOLA.

At least the Caribbean assures us of warm weather. :D:D

I'm sure they will offer refunds to those booked, if they aren't interested.

RSVP has officially changed the itinerary to the following: (Courtesy Dan Howell Travel)

Huh?!? Was this information via phone? E-mail? Carrier Pigeon? Just wondering---

The 2010 cruise was a hoot. Carnival with the locals was the highlight, plus the beaches were great as well. I was too hungover in Aruba to pay attention, but I think the shopping was good?!?

Dying to know the entertainment changes dahlings. What's the 411 on that??

Anyone think these changes have to do with the Atlantis influence?

Peace

Hippie

Huh?!? Was this information via phone? E-mail? Carrier Pigeon? Just wondering---

The 2010 cruise was a hoot. Carnival with the locals was the highlight, plus the beaches were great as well. I was too hungover in Aruba to pay attention, but I think the shopping was good?!?

Dying to know the entertainment changes dahlings. What's the 411 on that??

Anyone think these changes have to do with the Atlantis influence?

Peace

Hippie

I'm assuming that Dan Howell was given the go ahead to let his clients know about the change and start taking bookings, before anything has been announced by RSVP. Who knows tho... again... there is nothing even remotely official out there. If our agent has the wrong info and we booked in error, then more fool us LOL

I've been told there will be "an exciting new lineup of entertainment" this year, but the only thing I've heard for sure is no Amy and Freddy. Instead Concierge Travel is doing a small gay group on a straight cruise featuring Amy and Freddy as the entertainment the week after RSVP's cruise. We almost booked that until the news broke on RSVP changing itinerary. My only guess for new entertainment is maybe RSVP is going to try and jump back into Atlantis' style of entertainers and go disco diva again like they did 6 or 7 years ago. Who knows, I'm not buying the trip based on that, but I do know the entertainment has not been the best the last few years (tho I have to say Wayne Brady did totally knock my socks off this year, it was a huge surprise how enjoyable his show was).

I've been told there will be "an exciting new lineup of entertainment" this year, but the only thing I've heard for sure is no Amy and Freddy. Instead Concierge Travel is doing a small gay group on a straight cruise featuring Amy and Freddy as the entertainment the week after RSVP's cruise. We almost booked that until the news broke on RSVP changing itinerary. My only guess for new entertainment is maybe RSVP is going to try and jump back into Atlantis' style of entertainers and go disco diva again like they did 6 or 7 years ago. Who knows, I'm not buying the trip based on that, but I do know the entertainment has not been the best the last few years (tho I have to say Wayne Brady did totally knock my socks off this year, it was a huge surprise how enjoyable his show was).

No Amy and Freddy? Reuel will be very upset. (Me too, but not as much):)

I agree with you on the Wayne Brady show - it was a lot of fun. I also really enjoyed Richard and Carla, and Anne Hampton Calloway was awesome!

Wow!! I haven't checked these boards in a few weeks and I see there seems to be an itinerary change brewing. If this new itinerary were presented on board in February, I would have re-booked immediately with the discount. Has this ever happened before where they change the itinerary so drastically? I do feel bad for you guys who were looking forward to New Orleans, but it's probably for the best in getting a bigger group to sail than an emptier ship. It's the group of people on board that make it fun IMHO.

Unfortunately we're locked in on Atlantis for the Oosterdam and as we are already in the penalty phase over there, flights have been booked, and insurance purchased. At this point we can't make the change unless we take a hit. It will be interesting to watch how this all plays out.

Wow!! I haven't checked these boards in a few weeks and I see there seems to be an itinerary change brewing. If this new itinerary were presented on board in February, I would have re-booked immediately with the discount. Has this ever happened before where they change the itinerary so drastically?

This will be the first itinerary change I have ever seen at RSVP. I warned JG I didn't think New Orleans was a smart move after the 2003 debacle. I will even quote Charlie Rounds from back in those days who said "we'll never go back there." But, what do I know.

After a bad European cruise, they knew they could not take another hit next year. If this change sours the cruise, Rich Campbell may make JG his scapegoat. Don't be surprised if Rich still has someone's head over the New Orleans plan. They have a large number of cabins to fill in six months.

I just posted on Amy Armstrong's Facebook page "I hear you aren't going to be on the Feb. RSVP cruise! Say it isn't so"! I immediately got a reply from Jeff Gundvaldson "No it isn't. No one has been hired yet!"

I'm wondering if sales alone was the driving force behind this change, or if there is some other reason? Perhaps there will be more explanation coming?

Doesn't really change our plans, I don't think- Since not booking in February, we've come up with some other plans for 2013, but hope to be there for 2014!

I'm wondering if sales alone was the driving force behind this change, or if there is some other reason? Perhaps there will be more explanation coming?

Doesn't really change our plans, I don't think- Since not booking in February, we've come up with some other plans for 2013, but hope to be there for 2014!

I'm afraid that the change was made too late to get back those that decided not to go (they've made other plans) , and now some of those who had signed up for the cruise have now cancelled due to the change. :(

I just posted on Amy Armstrong's Facebook page "I hear you aren't going to be on the Feb. RSVP cruise! Say it isn't so"! I immediately got a reply from Jeff Gundvaldson "No it isn't. No one has been hired yet!"

That would make sense as they don't finalize contracts till much closer to the cruise.

Now I am one of the perhaps few that - while finding A&F very entertaining - don't have to have them on every cruise. :D There, I said it, I know... an RSVP blasphemy!

very interesting... did Amy have anything to say on it?

I feel bad for Jeff, this whole thing is such a mess and my suspicion is most of it isn't his fault (tho he'll surely get the blame)

That would make sense as they don't finalize contracts till much closer to the cruise.

Now I am one of the perhaps few that - while finding A&F very entertaining - don't have to have them on every cruise. :D There, I said it, I know... an RSVP blasphemy!

I adore Amy and Freddy but won't be heartbroken if they aren't on the cruise. Honestly, I think it would be nice if there was some change up and maybe they bumped over to Atlantis for a while to get some new exposure but still stay "in the family" so to speak. I don't know enough about Atlantis to know if they have any regulars in their stable but maybe a swap of entertainment would work. It's always struck me odd that RSVP hasn't taken advantage of what seems to be a pretty decent pool of entertainment in Atlantis' pocket.

I feel bad for Jeff, this whole thing is such a mess and my suspicion is most of it isn't his fault (tho he'll surely get the blame)

Campbell is a loose cannon. Someone is going to get their head served on a platter. Jeff or someone else.

He was prettty intent on New Orleans. We talked even before they made the actual announcement. I had my doubts after being there in 2003.

Just received this from my TA:

9-Feb Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - 5pm

10-Feb At Sea

11-Feb At Sea

12-Feb Curacao 8am - 1am

13-Feb Aruba 8am - 4pm

14-Feb At Sea

15-Feb Half Moon Cay 10am - 4pm

16-Feb Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - 7am

Those already booked and wishing to go on this itinerary don't need to do anything; those who want to cancel should do so before penalties set in on September 11th.

How did you guys like Pamala Stanley on last year's February cruise? She has done Atlantis cruises before and performs all summer long here in Rehoboth Beach, DE at the Blue Moon Sunday thru Thurs. from 6 until 8:30 p.m. and brings in the crowds. She has expressed interest in returning to another RSVP cruise, so I put a good word in for her. Never got any reply back from RSVP. I agree about Amy and Freddie....I enjoy them, but whether or not they are on this cruise is not a deal breaker for me.

I emailed our travel agent to see what incentives RSVP will give to those booked for New Orleans to keep them from cancelling.

How did you guys like Pamala Stanley on last year's February cruise? She has done Atlantis cruises before and performs all summer long here in Rehoboth Beach, DE at the Blue Moon Sunday thru Thurs. from 6 until 8:30 p.m. and brings in the crowds. She has expressed interest in returning to another RSVP cruise, so I put a good word in for her. Never got any reply back from RSVP. I agree about Amy and Freddie....I enjoy them, but whether or not they are on this cruise is not a deal breaker for me.

I emailed our travel agent to see what incentives RSVP will give to those booked for New Orleans to keep them from cancelling.

I actually remember Pamela Stanley from the RSVP Greek Isles cruise waaaay back in 1993. I must have seen her on last years cruise but I sure don't remember it. I bet she was on after one of the t-dances which would leave my memories a little rummy, I mean hazy LOL

I'll be a little surprised if RSVP offers up much by way of incentives. The 2 travel agent ads for the change I've seen have both been clear to tell current clients that don't want to go to "cancel by x date to avoid cancel charges".

I'll be a little surprised if RSVP offers up much by way of incentives. The 2 travel agent ads for the change I've seen have both been clear to tell current clients that don't want to go to "cancel by x date to avoid cancel charges".

With or without the itinerary change. Anyone already booked had until September 11 to cancel.

I don't foresee any incentives coming.

I don't know enough about Atlantis to know if they have any regulars in their stable but maybe a swap of entertainment would work. quote]

Atlantis does have a "regular" cast of characters. Most notably Miss Richfield 1981, who is this campy drag queen...case ya all don't know about her. She's from Minnesota, don't cha know. The others I'm not familiar with, but miss thing is pretty notable.

Such as, I'm sure a "swap" of the characters wouldn't work out, as imo they(the regular entertainment) with the "brand". Brand being RSVP, and Atlantis. And there is something to be said about that...

Archived