RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Reading the post from "cruising since 1984" I get the impression that RSVP cruising might be for younger guys ! Is that right? We did the Atlantis Baltic cruise a few years ago and loved it. I would hate this not to be similar , entertainment and guest wise.

Sadly, no. Although there will be a few younger travelers, the majority are mature. The cost of cruise travel has the effect of narrowing down the potential market to more affluent, older guests.

Reading the post from "cruising since 1984" I get the impression that RSVP cruising might be for younger guys ! Is that right?

Not at all :) The ages ranges from the 20s to 80s with the majority probably in their late 30s and 40s.

Note there is a Bon Voyage dinner party the night before the cruise. I booked through bearcruise.com and they are sponsoring it. I'm not staying in their pre-cruise hotel and they said I can still go to it. I did book the cruise through them though.

Note there is a Bon Voyage dinner party the night before the cruise. I booked through bearcruise.com and they are sponsoring it. I'm not staying in their pre-cruise hotel and they said I can still go to it. I did book the cruise through them though.

My travel agent always throws a pre-cruise party and it is open to everyone that booked through him; at times it has been held at a bar and recently at the hotel he uses for those that want to book accommodation with him. We stay with a friend when in Ft. Lauderdale.

As you are currently booked on our 2013 New Orleans Mardi Gras Cruise, we wanted to inform you of a change to the itinerary for your cruise.

Although we were genuinely excited to return to Key West and Mardi Gras in New Orleans many of our loyal guests did not agree with us. As a result of their feedback and specific suggestions for warmer ports of call we have decided to change the itinerary.

The cruise dates remain the same and we will still depart from Ft Lauderdale on Holland America’s Eurodam. However, we will now head south to celebrate Fat Tuesday with Carnival in Curacao, followed by Aruba and finally Half Moon Cay, Bahamas as originally planned. The new itinerary follows:

Day Date Ports Arrive Depart

Sat Feb 09 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 5:00PM

Sun Feb 10 At Sea

Mon Feb 11 At Sea

Tue Feb 12 Curacao 8:00AM Overnight

Wed Feb 13 Curacao Overnight 1:00AM

Wed Feb 13 Aruba 8:00AM 4:00PM

Thu Feb 14 At Sea

Fri Feb 15 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 10:00AM 4:00PM

Sat Feb 16 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 7:00AM

*Itinerary Subject to Change

We will email a new confirmation with the adjusted itinerary after your second deposit has been processed on August 13th.

We trust that you will find the new itinerary appealing and that any disappointment with missing Mardi Gras in New Orleans will be replaced by the excitement of being part of Fat Tuesday and Carnival in Curacao.

Thank you for booking your vacation with RSVP; we truly appreciate your business!

The RSVP Team

I am not happy with this change. New Orleans and Mardi Gras was the reason I booked it. This is the same itinerary we did in 2010. Maybe if we changed Aruba to Bonaire so it was just a bit different than what was done just recently.

If loyal guests wanted a warm weather cruise, Atlantis has a ship leaving on Feb 2 out of Ft Lauderdale.

I am not happy with this change. New Orleans and Mardi Gras was the reason I booked it. This is the same itinerary we did in 2010. Maybe if we changed Aruba to Bonaire so it was just a bit different than what was done just recently.

If loyal guests wanted a warm weather cruise, Atlantis has a ship leaving on Feb 2 out of Ft Lauderdale.

I too am a bit disappointed but I am not eager to go on an Atlantis cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale in February. ;)

I asked about Jeff about Bonaire and was told it was considered but wasn't available (I assume it can only handle a limited number of ships).

You've still got about a month to cancel if your disappointed with this itinerary.

And lastly, and I might loose my "GAY MANS MEMBERSHIP CARD" for this comment, but I'm also relieved that others agree with my thinking that Amy and Freddy will not be missed. Nothing against them or their act, but it's the same lounge act year after year.[/font] And while I'm on the subject of RSVP bad entertainment decissions that has also been discussed on this thread, their new Host who replaced Danny is annoying. His personality does not mix well the demographics of the cruisers. It was disappointing to see at the pool games, the dating show, and the pool side fashion show that out of all the mature men on board and the huge number of guys from the BEAR CRUISERS GROUPS, they were overlooked when this new Host picked out the few skinny younger guys to participate. That look might work on Atlantis but it really didn't work on RSVP. I'm not saying I am partical to any age group or looks on board, but this host made a mistake when not playing toward the crowd he was surrounded by. What used to be fun entertaining events near the pool turned out to be pretty boring.

Odd that I'm the only one commenting on this, but, at least on this paragraph, I have to agree with you. I've done five of the cruises, and the last one was the worst as far as entertainment was concerned (not that I'm really complaining, but compared to some of the others...). And that new guy whose name escapes me, he seems like a nice enough guy off stage (we spoke a couple of times), but he just doesn't cut it. The word "annoying" doesn't even come close, and you're right, he just doesn't fit. Maybe because we are so used to Danny Williams, who knows. Or maybe I'm getting old and crotchety. I just didn't find him the least bit amusing.

Odd that I'm the only one commenting on this, but, at least on this paragraph, I have to agree with you. I've done five of the cruises, and the last one was the worst as far as entertainment was concerned (not that I'm really complaining, but compared to some of the others...). And that new guy whose name escapes me, he seems like a nice enough guy off stage (we spoke a couple of times), but he just doesn't cut it. The word "annoying" doesn't even come close, and you're right, he just doesn't fit. Maybe because we are so used to Danny Williams, who knows. Or maybe I'm getting old and crotchety. I just didn't find him the least bit amusing.

I found Scott Nevins to be a miserable failure as a host; I did not feel like he connected with most of the people on the cruise and everything was all about him. Maybe that works with Atlantis twinks.

Gotta' disagree with you gentlemen on the matter of the host - I liked Scott Nevins and found him to be amusing and upbeat. I enjoyed his "on air" rapport with the HAL Cruise Director - they were pretty funny together. Personally, I think a bit of effort to attract younger cruisers is a good thing. On each cruise I have taken, the average age seems to be getting higher and higher. As one of those who brings the average age up, I must say that I enjoy meeting a mix of other gay guys, in my age group as well as both younger and older.

I have never understood the fascination with Danny Williams. He's probably a very nice fellow, but he has yet to cause me to laugh much.

Paul Williams is very nice, quick and funny, I enjoy it when he is the Cruise Director.

I found Scott Nevins to be a miserable failure as a host; I did not feel like he connected with most of the people on the cruise and everything was all about him. Maybe that works with Atlantis twinks.

He does a fair job hosting.

That said, he does distance himself from the passengers. He is rarely seen socializing with the guests, except when he can take his shirt off at a tea dance (not that I mind that). Decent eye candy.

It was not uncommon to find Danny joining you for breakfast or dinner. Always had time for his fellow passengers.

Nevins is probably a by product of the Rich Campell administration. He may make Atlantis cruisers happy, but I saw no one singing his praises at RSVP.

I agree; my partner and I didn't find him very funny and his thing with the cruise director became annoying by the end of the cruise. We also found his version of the dating game unamusing and most people I spoke to missed the newlywed game, although I doubt he would have been a good host for that. Hopefully he will improve over time.

Why are the port stays in Aruba and HMC so short?

8am to 4pm in Aruba and 10am to 4pm in HMC. This gives very little time to explore anything.

Actually, our stop in Aruba of 8am to 4pm is longer than HAL's usual stops which is 7 am to 1 pm (when visited in the same order: Cruracao/Aruba/HMC). I have found that generally Caribbean port stops are from around 8 am to 5 pm, so our Aruba stop is not much different.

Curacao and Aruba are far south - it takes 2 sea days to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Curacao and with leaving Aruba later than they usually do, that obviously gets us into HMC a bit later (HAL is usually there 8am - 4 pm). Also, these are estimated times and we could always get into HMC earlier than 10 am. HMC is pretty much just a beach - a gorgeous one at that - so there isn't much more to do that beachy things. That's said, I'd be happy to be there for 7am to 7pm :D

Our Curacao stop is also longer at 8am to 1am compared to the usual 8am to 5 pm.

Archived