Shops in San Diego

Sulo

I'm posting this for senior friends who are leaving on the Oosterdam in March and do not have a computer.

They are staying for one night at the Holiday Inn Bayside and wonder if there are stores close by selling wine and soda. Preferably within walking distance?

Thanks.

The hotel is located at 5th and Ash, come out of the hotel, turn right and walk away from the water, on about 7th or 8th there is a liquor store....I have been there but can't recall the name. They could also ask at the front desk of the the hotel.:)

HI,

On Ash at Kettner Blvd. there is a Rite-Aid which sells liquor/wine/soda etc. Here in San Diego you can buy liquor/soda at all pharmacies in addition to supermarkets etc.

I agree that they should ask for directions at the front desk of the hotel.

If your friend is staying at the HOLIDAY INN BAYSIDE, then the responses above do NOT apply. That is a different hotel than the HOLIDAY INN ON THE BAY.

The HI Bayside is west of the airport in the Point Loma area. It is not immediately across Harbor Dr. from the cruise ship terminal like the HI On The Bay. It is about 3 miles from the ship. There are liquor stores in that area (several within 2 blocks), and you are not far from the shops at Liberty Station, which include a super market (Von's) which do sell liquor in CA).

There is also a Trader Joe's at Liberty Station, which is about 8 blocks away.

Archived