Looking for a Rio Shore excusion

Banleno007

We will be ending our cruise in Rio and have about 12 hours free before we fly home. What would be the best way to see the most important sights and then get to the airport. I contacted Radio cab, who referred me to Abercrombie & Kent. They wanted $912. for a stop at Sugarloaf, Christ the Redeemer and Lunch. Unbelieveable. Any suggestion? Thanks

Check with Azamara direct, they were certainly offering disembarkation day shore excursions - which you may also be able to book half price if you are eligible - and several people we know took them and from emails post cruise were very happy with what was offered - they finished the tour at the airport in plenty of time for their flights home

We will be ending our cruise in Rio and have about 12 hours free before we fly home. What would be the best way to see the most important sights and then get to the airport. I contacted Radio cab, who referred me to Abercrombie & Kent. They wanted $912. for a stop at Sugarloaf, Christ the Redeemer and Lunch. Unbelieveable. Any suggestion? Thanks

Hi,

Here is a company we have used twice--it's wonderful. They have an 8 hour tour that will cover all the highlights, and it's apprx. $145 U.S. I highly recommend this one. Enjoy! http://www.jeeptour.com.br/en/roteiro/85/1/rio-de-janeiro/rio-4-wonders.html

Hi Banleno,

Welcome to Cruise Critic !

The Roll Call Forum, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=467 is where you meet other Cruise Critic friends on your Cruise, and discuss Shore Excursions. If you post your ship and sailing date, I'd be happy to post a link to your Roll Call.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

you book them on ship as they are not on azamara.com. only can be booekd thru ship.

They were online for the cruises in December/January so if they are not showing online perhaps they are not running

The one thing I have not seen in line but you can book onboard is the standard airport transfers but that is not what the OP is looking for from what I read

They were online for the cruises in December/January so if they are not showing online perhaps they are not running

The one thing I have not seen in line but you can book onboard is the standard airport transfers but that is not what the OP is looking for from what I read

air transers i know are not offered.. must of missed the tour with transers but book that onboard. sorry..

• 2 weeks later...

A huge jewelry chain w/ outfit met us passengers at every port & dropped us at the sights as long as we toured their factory.

we will also be on this cruise and planning to wait till shore excursions come out probably June (still have 50% off for booking online) and can then compare notes.

suggest we keep in touch as embarkation day means we have full day before flight so different options - anyway get to Rio at 12 day before so a lot of trips to also day that day and evening.

Archived